Cigna denied Revision

Mel1230
on 4/25/18 11:44 am

Hi

I am new to this forum and wondering if anyone has had any issues with Cigna approving the revision, I had a lap band removed July 2016, currently wanting to get the completed bypass, The Bridges Center stated that I did not need the physic eval or the diet based upon CIGNA's requirements for Revision Policy. I asked if they were sure only because they wanted me to get all the other tests and preop, spent a ton of money only to find out this morning that I was denied because of no diet or physic eval. They set up a Peer to Peer this Friday with Cigna and the surgeon, has this happened to anyone else?

dcopehp
on 4/25/18 8:13 pm - New York, NY

Just wanted to say good luck. If they denied you because of missing tests, like psych eval, I hope if you submit them that will change their verdict.

ladygodiva1228
on 4/26/18 6:03 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I have Cigna and I had to complete all the requirements as if I was having WLS for the first time. Of course Cigna busted my ass for a year with denials until they finally approved the lap band removal and revision to the bypass. They said it wasn't medically necessary, but it finally was determined that it was medically necessary. Don't be surprised if Cigna still denies you after the peer to peer for non completion of the 6 month diet and physic eval.

Always call Cigna directly to get all the info on what is required for revision. Not all doctors offices have the correct information.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

cuttinojo
on 4/30/18 7:52 am
Revision on 04/04/18

I have Cigna and they do require 4 dietician Visit one each month and 1 psych evaluation. I just completed them both my Coordinator at the Dr. Office says she sending my folder over to Cigna.

babystacie
on 5/3/18 5:39 pm - TN

I'm sorry if I missed it, but what are u revising to? I went yesterday for consult for revision. Since first surgery, I've developed severe sleep apnea

Mel1230
on 5/3/18 7:04 pm

From Lap band to gastric bypass

Most Active