IBS and revision

jennaz
on 4/5/18 8:12 pm

Has anyone tried to get insurance approval from gastric bypass to sleeve siting medically necessary due to chronic IBS? I have clause one per lifetime unless due to complications. Any insight will greatly be appreciated. Consult with surgeon Wednesday 4/11.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/12/18 11:02 am

IBS can be tricky. People have IBS with no WLS. Are you sure the RNY caused one? what are the chance that revising to VSG would fix your IBS?

I had RNY and I am a dumper. If I eat the wrong foods - my IBS symptoms are off the charts. I have IBS now (I am 10 years post op RNY) but I belive I had it before, just not as bad as I have now.

I can control my IBS symptoms by following a very strict diet. And while I add supplements.

It can be difficult but it is what it is.

I am pretty sure I had IBS before RNY. But since I saw a doc for a specific condition (back pain, leg injury, obgyn, etc)- I did not need a PCP="a family doc".

A new study showed that IBS can be blamed on SIBO and/or food allergies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sibo+symptoms&oq=sibo&aqs=ch rome.2.69i59j69i60j0l4.6943j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active