Rny Revision

lanigm
on 10/4/17 4:40 pm - San Jose, CA

Had mines too on 2009. I was not qualified for a revision. Didn't really understand why. I'm so disappointed in myself

two4two
on 10/20/17 7:00 am
Revision on 11/20/17

Im so sorry, please do not be disappointed in yourself. I was as well until I talked to my doctor and he explained why the RNY is not working for some (most ) people after some time. It has to do with your sugar levels, not be able to be stable, and always making you hungry. Of course i am not explaining it as he would, but when he performs my DS, he will make a pouch that was not done in the RNY so my sugar levels will stay consistent.

JJT
on 10/19/17 3:07 pm
Revision on 09/14/17

Five weeks ago I went in for a revision to a gastric stapling (RNY) that was thirty years old. On top of that I had an intussuception which changed the length of my RNY. When I started the process I had an Endoscopy to see the condition my stomach was in. At that point it was obvious I had GERDS and the lengths were not to standard. My weight was massive so the Surgeon said that a long limb RNY would be serve me. She does DS but she said it was to much especially with the amount of adhesions she was expecting.

After surgery and three hours on the table she told me the adhesions were extensive but she was able to seperate the stomach make it two ounces, make the stoma smaller and reconnected all the intestines so I had the long limb. They found my original surgery was leaking into the stapled off pouch. I had hoped she would go to that extent as revisions don't have the most successful weight loss outcome. I'm fortunate she was able to do it. Now to see how well I can use this to lose weight. I had already lost 143lbs on my own. I've lost 32lbs since surgery but the past two weeks have stalled. I know I am not consuming more than 600 calories and I'm getting in 90g of protein a day. So it's technically impossible for me not to lose weight!

So back to your question. I would suggest you go in for the consultation and see what the Surgeon feels right for you. Revisions are tricky and there are a lot of factors that may prevent one option over another.

Good luck!

For me the revision was much harder. I'm older and the extensive adhesion surgery left me in a lot of pain and draining more than a normal surgery. But I can say at 5 weeks out I am now starting to feel better. I still have my really tired days but I'm getting back into a routine.

Most Active