Yay! Let me know how you do with it.

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Donna L.
on 9/18/17 8:07 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

We have horrible mood swings after surgery from the fat loss - it releases estrogen into the body and floods us, causing the mood swings. Fat stores estrogens in large amounts. This happened to me and I was gobsmacked and blindsided. My depression increased 3x when I had the sleeve...and it was the hormone dump. Surgery, especially weight loss surgery, is emotional, too. A lot of sadness and anger are tied up in obesity.

Remind yourself that to take care of your family you need to take care of yourself. People are often exhausted after surgery, and depression and anxiety are further exhausting, too.

Don't hesitate to be kind to yourself above all :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/19/17 5:49 am

I had RnY. As I was leaving hospital- they gave me pain pills. 2 large pain pills. I took them. I was taking pills 3 days past op.

Some pills are to big for me even now - the may get stuck. But I have been taking pills, and capsules from the beginning.

Just make sure they are not extended release pills. We may have problem with absorbing those.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active