Revision from RNY

Suzy M.
on 7/19/17 2:42 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this website, and my first post here.

I had RNY in 2003 and initially lost 120#. This was great, but then I had kids and slowly started putting weight back on. I had a consultation with a bariatric surgeon today, and he doesn't know what he will be able to do for me until he does an ECG - which is scheduled for October. He mentioned a DS, but he does not perform them, so I would have to go elsewhere if that is the route I go. Once he takes a look inside my stomach, he will be able to determine more of what sort of revision he can do - if any.

Has anyone had a successful RNY revision? I am back up almost to my pre-RNY weight at this point and I feel a little hopeless...

Thanks for your responses!

MamaGriff
on 7/19/17 5:29 pm

I'm in the same place. RNY in 1999. Lost almost 200lbs, but I have regained 100lbs ð??"

Saw an orthopedic surgeon today for severe knee pain and he recommended I explore revision options.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 10:57 am

Hi,

i just had the Apollo Overstitch procedure yesterday. I had originally had the RNY in 2007 and gained half of my 100 lbs originally lost.

I was home the same day. They tighten my stoma opening from the size of a half dollar to the size of a dime.

I have no discomfort other than a mild sore throat from the scope going down it.

Im on clear liquid diet for the first 48 hours and then full liquid diet for the remaining 3 weeks until my first follow up with my doctor in a month.

After that I'll be on "soft" foods. No chunks, yogurt, soups, protein shakes.

I am very excited and looking forward to being successful.

As we were told originally, these surgeries are just tools. We MUST do our part. To eat right and exercise. I was given another chance with this revision and I'm not taking it for granted.

Good luck!

Marie

ohiomomx2
on 7/24/17 7:32 pm - West Chester, OH

What insurance do you have and did they pay for the revision?

Ohiomomx2
40 years old
6'3 (yep, I'm tall)
RNY 3/08
Starting weight 378
Current weight 198
Lowest weight 190
Tammi H.
on 7/21/17 1:05 am

airbender
on 7/22/17 7:49 am

There are RNY to DS revision patients on the DS board. This is something that few surgeons can performs, I would only suggest possibly 3 in the country. Don't just let anyone perform this to take down the rny pouch to a VSG is not for any surgeon to do.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

antionettelewis525
on 7/28/17 11:44 am - Creedmoor, NC

I truly understand exactly what you are going through.I want to have it too

Most Active