Update On My Revision you

MsShawna
on 7/13/17 6:33 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hello Janstar1 thank you so much. Everyone's insurance is different and might require different tests. For me I went to see my surgeon in January of this year. And the process was pretty quick I was scheduled for surgery in 4 months. I did have to go for some testing like a chest x-ray, EKG, and pre-op labs as well as a pre-op class and that was it. Actually when I went for my pre-op class I was already on my liquid diet and 4 days away from surgery. And that was pretty much all I am hoping your process is not long and I wish you all the success on your revision. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them.

Janstar1
on 7/13/17 7:58 am

Thank you very much. I'm so happy for you and your journey gives me hope. I had my original surgery in Maryland and I have since relocated to Florida. So it's new insurance and a new surgeon. They had me gather my medical records for the last two years and my original surgery post op surgery documents and I met the new doctor and he schedule me for labs, plus an appointment with the dietitian and I go back in September to see the nurse practitioner for a follow up. So I guess they are gathering enough documentation for the insurance company in preparation for my revision. Ulcers got the best of my pouch and thus it's failure . I am so inspired by your story and you look fantastic.. Good luck and I will keep you posted.

MsShawna
on 7/13/17 11:01 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Aww thank you it was so nice of you to say that. But you know what I am inspired by you as well. You and everyone on here taking the initiative to take care of your body and be healthy inspired me to get going. It seems like that is what your new surgeon is doing getting all your documents from the previous so they can move forward with you getting your revision. I am praying that this is a smooth transition for you. And that you are very successful with your revision. I wish you all the best in the world. And please keep in contact I would love to know your progress.

Janstar1
on 7/13/17 11:20 am

I definitely will. I need all the support I can get. I saw my primary care doctor today and he was worried about my blood pressure. He added a new medication. I was originally 372lbs at my heaviest and lost 167 lbs how're I have since gained 57 lbs which has left me with a BMI of 37 still... I have signed up with a booth cam here and go 4 days per week. But weight loss is difficult. I want the be Health because I have 4 young children. My triplets are and my other child is 10 years. I want to be healthy for me and them. I am a single parent and it's not easy. I will update you along the way and watch for your updates. Take care

MsShawna
on 7/13/17 11:40 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Please!!!! Watch your blood pressure it ran deep in my family. I have high blood pressure it's controlled now but I am still on one medicine hopefully I will get off that. As well as I just lost my mother to a massive stroke 5 months ago and 5 years prior my dad passed from a stroke but from high blood pressure. I to have children I have a 24 year old daughter and 23 year old son and 18 year old son and twin 12 year old sons and a husband who acts like a kid at times especially when he is sick. We have to get our blood pressure under control for ourselves and our family you can do it I have faith in you. I am here to support you all the way you take care as well and I will keep you updated on my progress.

Hmires
on 8/4/17 7:17 am
DS on 08/01/17

My process took from February until now...I just had surgery Monday. :)

Doriam R.
on 7/8/17 5:06 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Thar is so awesome!!! What revision did you have?

Keep up the good work!!

MsShawna
on 7/8/17 6:28 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Thank You Doriam R. I had the sleeve then a revision to the RNY.

Doriam R.
on 7/8/17 7:42 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I hope my sleeve help me... the lap band did not... well it did at the beginning but now is not a tool anymore because is empty...

I know there is no magic surgery, is us that need to do the work!!!

Best of luck, pray for me on Tuesday!!!

MsShawna
on 7/8/17 8:41 am - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Thank You Doriam R. I will definitely be praying for you. And I have faith you will be successful please keep me posted on how you are doing.

Most Active