Pre op liquid diet sucks and I need support!

babsinga
on 7/5/17 7:33 am
RNY on 07/11/17

HI,

Started my liquid diet in preparation for my surgery. I know I can do it but feeling sad over loss of food and although my husband is in support of my revision, he doesn't seem to get that eating in front of me pre surgery is really hard for me especially when he is eating potato chips, cheese and snacks, pasta and junk while watching tv yesterday. When I pointed out how I felt, he got upset and left the room huffing and puffing. UUUUGH. I understand that I cannot expect people to not eat in front of me but it was my first day of liquids on 4th of July while others were eating burgers and hot dogs.

Just wanted to rant. :)

Babs

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/6/17 5:16 pm

I am sorry you don't feel he is supporting you but in a situation like that - maybe you can leave the room and do something just for you? like going for a walk - or take a bath? do yo have another room that can be your sanctuary? Maybe for reading or even watching TV?

You are on a diet -he is not. if you are buying groceries - maybe it is time to stop buying him some snacks you can't handle around you?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

babsinga
on 7/6/17 5:53 pm
RNY on 07/11/17

Hi,

Handling it better now. Hiding in my office when everyone eats....:).

Most Active