Revision and hiatal hernia repair. PAIN

ladee24
on 5/25/17 12:23 pm
Revision on 04/01/17

I had my revision from sleeve to bypass on May 9. I can't drink anything. It hurts so bad. I was given the ok to start soft foods on May 23 but everything hurts. The doc said that it's due to the restriction from the hernia repair. When will this pain go away? I am miserable.

bruindiva92
on 5/25/17 12:52 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Ladee24,

I would suggest calling your doctor especially if you are still in pain 14 days post-op.

I had the same surgery due to hiatal hernia and bile reflux and felt much better 7 days post-op. I was able to drink my full liquid diet without any problems.

Get that checked out as you may have some type of blockage and feel better soon!

stacyrg
on 5/26/17 10:57 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I agree that you should follow up again with your surgeon. I revised from sleeve to RNY and had a hernia repair and was drinking the next day in the hospital. Remember that they work for you, don't let the office brush of your concerns.

ladee24
on 5/25/17 1:07 pm
Revision on 04/01/17

I told them about not being able to drink anything during my 2 week visit on Tuesday. She told me to keep trying. She said it's just really restricted right now.

bruindiva92
on 5/25/17 10:32 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

ladee24,

I would suggest if you are still in pain 1 week from now, go see your doctor. You may have to slap the sh*t out of someone and lie on the floor screaming to get their attention!

Feel better and I will keep you in my thoughts

Suzanne_Paulette
on 5/30/17 1:14 pm - Lamonte, MO

I Literally spit tea on that one! So many times God has kept me in line during my 6 year journey ...OMG you said what I've been feeling for years!

ladee24
on 5/30/17 6:14 pm
Revision on 04/01/17

Hi everyone. It has taken me forever to figure out how to reply using my cell. I couldn't figure out how to reply. May be due to lack of nutrients. ð?¤"?

I am able to drink now. I still have a little pain but nothing like before. I had a very small bite of mahi mahi fish yesterday. I hate fish but I needed to eat something. I was supposed to start soft food last week. My eyes say yes please but my brain remembers the pain and says he// no. Anyway, it went down fine but I didn't eat more because I hate it. What do other people eat in the soft food stage?

bruindiva92
on 5/31/17 8:49 am
Revision on 03/29/17

ladee24,

Thank you for updating us. I am SO GLAD you are doing better! I ate soft fish like mahi, talapia & tuna. Deli meats are great during this time. I also added greek yogurt.

Take care and continue to feel better!

ladee24
on 5/31/17 4:04 pm
Revision on 04/01/17

I was wondering if I could have deli meat and cheese. I had some ground meat with spaghetti sauce and mushy broccoli today.

Most Active