Revision in 8 days

bruindiva92
on 5/1/17 8:49 am
Revision on 03/29/17

Unagordita,

I had the surgery to prevent the damage to my esophagus which leads to throat cancer. Don't let your surgeon discourage you. He may be presenting expectations based on his patient behavior. This doesn't mean you cannot be successful & lose weight the second time around and keep it off!

Did the nutritionist outline a meal plan for you? If not, use the first one if you received one. This morning, the scale said 184 lbs. Yes, it is moving slower but I am not discouraged. My team told me I can get down to 150-160 lbs if I work hard. Well, I am willing to work hard!!!

Stay positive and know you can do this!

unagordita
on 5/2/17 9:28 pm

bruindiva92, I did get a new plan plus I'm scheduled to see the nutritionist again, and my general doctor and do the pre-op all over again. Thank you for responding.

ladee24
on 5/2/17 7:12 am
Revision on 04/01/17

Hello. I am scheduled to have my sleeve revision to bypass on May 9th. I am so scared. I was nervous the first time(they gave me meds to calm me down) but I am EXTRA nervous this time. I also have really bad acid reflux and a hiatal hernia.

unagordita
on 5/2/17 9:26 pm

I don't blame you, I feel the same way my surgery is June 28th, and I'm trying to talk myself into thinking the positive aspects of the surgery. Acid Reflux good riddance I can't tolerate it. I also feel pressure on my throat and my right side below my throat.

ladee24
on 5/3/17 6:08 am
Revision on 04/01/17

I forgot to ask my doctor how long the surgery will take. That is part of my fear, being under for hours.

Most Active