Revision in 8 days

banded2rny
on 4/24/17 2:07 pm
RNY on 05/01/17

I am in Florida. I look forward to riding this thing out with ya!!!

MsShawna
on 4/24/17 2:32 pm - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Me too we are in this together ?

Blueberry81
on 4/24/17 6:37 pm
VSG on 05/05/17

3pm.... they said it may take 3 to 4 hrs.... I have waited for so long and its my time.... our time... this change will be hard and amazing

Blueberry81
on 4/24/17 6:43 pm
VSG on 05/05/17

Congrats 1 week to go.... i will be following up with you on Tuesday..... try and be positive its so exciting.....

Blueberry81
on 5/2/17 11:49 am
VSG on 05/05/17

How are you feeling today? I hope you have a quick recovery....

MarianneJ54
on 4/24/17 10:18 am - MO

Hello, I wanted to ask why you are having the revision? I had the sleeve done 4 1/2 years ago and lost 100lbs but gained 50lbs back and have struggled for the past two years with no weight loss but staying on a good healthy eating program. My surgeon is talking to me about a revision now because he said I have been a model patient with no weight loss. Is this your story also? Thank You!

MsShawna
on 4/24/17 12:16 pm - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi MarianneJ54 yes indeed that is my story I have stuck with my eating plan and exercise routine. I lost 135 pounds but gained back 52 pounds. And have tried everything to get it off. Then I was diagnosed with gerd and I started having headaches again which meant my blood pressure was high. High blood pressure runs deeply in my family I lost my father in 2012 to a heartattack and high blood pressure. And my mother just passed February 10 the of this year from her blood pressure she had a stroke that caused 3 blood clots in the brain. So after talking to my surgeon he suggested a revision after trying to do it on my own after talking to my surgeon but was not successful I decided the revision was right for me. I am on my liquid diet as I write this I went for my pre- admission testing and just praying and counting down the days until May 1st.

MarianneJ54
on 4/24/17 12:24 pm - MO

Thanks for the reply. I'm so sorry for your lost of both parents I know that can be very hard. I pray that all goes well for you. I am having the EGD done and a Upper GI and after that I will see the surgeon again. he knows I have been very faithful with my eating plan and exercise and now it's time to move forward. You got this girl!! Blessings to you!

MsShawna
on 4/24/17 12:34 pm - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Thank You MarianneJ54 It has been so hurtful and stressful losing both my parents. But I try to think positive and know they both are in a better place with no pain. And they would be proud of the steps I am taking to get healthy. And I wanted to thank you for the encouraging words I know you will be successful as well. And if you need some inspiration I am here for you. You Got This Too!?

unagordita
on 4/25/17 7:28 pm

MsShawna, my condolences to you on the loss of your beloved mother. I pray all goes well with you, I also am looking into a revision and am scared as can be. I have GERD and sleep apnea and my esophagus has damage due to the GERD. I will see my surgeon on Friday, am scared.

Most Active