I'm switched!

RhondaJS
on 4/11/17 5:25 am

I had my surgery yesterday and am still in the hospital. I had some major nausea post op and am slowly weaning off of pain meds. Im hoping to go home today instead of tomorrow as planned. Just thought I'd let you all know!

xo

megange1
on 4/12/17 1:44 am

Congrats!!! That is a huge step and you must feel so proud that you were brave enough to make this choice. I wish you a quick recovery! I so wish I was already on the other side of this! My biggest fears are just not waking up from surgery :(

mi75
on 4/12/17 10:27 am
VSG on 06/01/14

ME TOO! I was so scared of dying during my initial VSG but it seems that the revision scares me more, even though i'm about 25 lbs less than I was then. I guess the reality is that I KNOW what is involved regarding finding healthy tissue, staple lines, etc. Sometimes being a nurse is a curse!!

I am also VERY aware that revision patients have a higher incidence of staple line leaks so i'm really scared of that too. I had a friend who had a leak and she was in the hospital for 3 months, and literally almost died. she had such serious malnutrition that she had a NG tube with tube feeding and dropped her potassium related to this and had massive arrhythmias.

HMBradley
on 4/12/17 5:13 pm

What did you switch too ??? Im glad it went well...

I was thinking about having the roux limb lengthened...I had gastric bypass in 2009 I never made it to a normal weight and all these years later I still dont eat and drink at the same time I still dump on sugar and fat and Im lactose intollerant Ive gained about 35 pounds...I track all of my food and I clean for a living and I wear my fitbit so Im not lazy by any means. Menapause hasnt helped me any Im sure. I haven't found anyone who has done it.

Kellivision
on 4/16/17 3:54 pm
Revision on 04/18/17

I'm having my VSG revised to MGB in two days! I'm most worried about complications!

unagordita
on 4/16/17 9:00 pm

What is a MGB?

Nura777
on 4/12/17 6:04 am

Congratulations! Hope your recovery goes well.

unagordita
on 4/12/17 8:58 pm

Happy for you, wish you well. Please do tell if it's as scary as one thinks it is.

MarinaGirl
on 4/21/17 8:54 am

MGB = Mini Gastric Bypass

Most Active