Revision on 4/18/17

Kellivision
on 4/8/17 8:51 pm
Revision on 04/18/17

I'm having a revision from VSG to MGB with Ponce Bariatrics on 4/18.

I am incredibly nervous. I had no complications with my VSG in 2014, however i had it in the US and had many pre op appointments leading up to it. This time it seems so sudden. I've been researching this for five months so I'm sure this is what I want to do.

My high weight was 260. I lost 70 pounds through diet and exercise. I had VSG at 190, got down to 133, and am now back up to 184.

I have constant hunger and always have. I never lost that feeling like many VSG people do. I believe the on'y reason i lost weight was because of the restriction being so severe the first year. I can eat every hour now and do eat a lot because I am just hungry!

I also now have GERD. Yay.

So this is my story. I'm hoping someone can share their experience with this Surgeon or procedure and help calm me down! Thank you!

Nura777
on 4/9/17 1:39 pm

Hi there!

I haven't seen too many people revising to the mini gastric bypass to resolve GERD. When your self pay, there's literally no wait. So I understand why it feels sudden. I hope this works for you, living with GERD sucks and very dangerous long term.

Kellivision
on 4/12/17 6:43 pm
Revision on 04/18/17

Thank you! I'm about 6 days away right now and I swear I've talked to my surgeon more in the past week with my endless list of questions, than I have my husband!

Most Active