Revision Dr's PLEASE?

fstblk
on 3/30/17 11:58 pm

I had lap band surgery in Mexico years ago, my band has failed. Does anyone know of good Dr's that will revise me to a sleeve? Thanks.

ThirdTry R.
on 3/31/17 5:57 am - Rowlett, TX

where are you located?

fstblk
on 4/2/17 2:11 am

Illinois. But, will consider traveling.

ThirdTry R.
on 4/3/17 7:49 pm - Rowlett, TX

my doctor probably would dr john alexander in dallas

GmaDiana
on 4/4/17 8:34 am

SSM weight loss clinic at De Paul Hospital, St.Louis county area.Dr.Morales did my sleeve in 2011 and my revision to bypass 2016.They give you tons of info,class and booklet that tells you every phase and helpful hints too.They also have a support network in their office .Very supportive in everyway.

fstblk
on 4/5/17 4:11 am

Do you know if he takes patients that has had surgery in Mexico?

GmaDiana
on 4/5/17 7:54 am

Not sure.Call them and see .314-344-7831.

fstblk
on 4/5/17 9:16 am

Thanks, will do.

ThirdTry R.
on 4/11/17 6:41 pm - Rowlett, TX

what were some of the supportive techniques your clinic offer? such as after the surgery and etc and what were the diet restrictions

GmaDiana
on 4/12/17 12:23 pm

Phase 1 ,Liquids shakes jello popsicles. All sugar free up to 2 cups coffee or tea a day. I week.

Phase 2: Cream of wheat,cottage cheese yogurt or greek yogurt,mashed potatoes ( no skins),pureed soups.Chicken noodle,cream of potato,tomato,vegetarian vegetable,cream of chicken or mushroom.SF pudding. 1 -2 tablespoons at a time, work up to 1/2 cup

season with Mrs Dash,cinnamon,artificial sweeteners. Everything from previous week too.Sugar free . 3 weeks

Phase 3 :deli shaved chicken or turkey,moist white fish,shell fish,water packed tuna or salmon.lean ground beef or ground turkey,ham thinly sliced.tofu,cheese containing less than 5 grams of fat per oz.,Crackers containing less than 3 grams of fat,scrambles eggs, 1 week.. 60 grams of Protein 1/2 cup at each meal 3 meals a day Eat protein 1st,

Phase 4 :Cold cereal with no more than 3 grams of sugar per serving,soft cooked carrots,green beans,peeled apples,pears,melons,peaches,dark leafy greens,lettuce no iceberg. 2 weeks. 3/4 cup 3 meals a day

Phase 5: Whole wheat pasta 1/4 cup, spaghetti sauce less than 5 grams of sugar,No white sauces,Whole wheat toast 1 serving a day,beans(not Fried),raw crunchy vegetables broccoli tips (no stems),Dill pickles,raw fruit, Chew everything really well. 1 week. 3/4 cup meal 3 times a day

Phase 6 : Grapes,nuts raisin,Low carb protein bars(not the chewy kind) 1cup meal ,1/2 cup protein,1/4 cup vegetable and 1/4 starch or carb

3 months: Citrus fruit,lean meat,pork.Trim all fat,Chew well.NOT FRIED

6 Months :sugar free gum,popcorn

Always avoid :Carbonated beverages and shredded coconut(not easy to digest)

% " plate 1/2 plate protein.1/4 plate carb,1/4 plate non starchy vegetable.

Always drink 64 ozs of fluid a day, and 60 grams of protein.If you don't you will feel like crap.

Chew extremely well and don't drink for 1/2 hour to an hour

Eating out check out menu first.Avoid fried,creamed,gravy,scalloped,au gratin,rich foods.Broiled steamed,baked or poached.Ask no butter or fats be used.,Beware of salad bar traps(Creamy dressing.topping high in fat or sugar,Coleslaw,Potato salad,macaroni salad,) Broth based soups,fresh fruit.(Sometimes they have these even if they are not listed).I always get a to go box and put the food away I'm not going to eat.

Traveling I always have a cooler with protein shakes,greek yogurt,fresh fruit,lowfat cheese sticks.

That office and hospital also had monthly support group meetings.I have not been able to attend those yet but I plan to in the future.

Hope this helps.

Most Active