What exactly is a revision for someone whom already has had RNY?

startingover08
on 4/30/17 4:31 am

I am also very interested in a revision or DS. I had RNY in 2004. I lost weight but was surprised that it didn't just "fall off." I was educated well. Let me just say, unlike so many, I have never dumped or experienced vomiting due to over eating. I do have a B12 deficiency but that's pretty much it. I struggled the first year to lose 100 lbs. And working out didn't seem to make much difference. My goal was to lose 150lbs but only lost 100. I even told my surgeon within the first 6 months that I didn't think my pouch was small enough. No concern from the surgeon. Now, I have regained about 55 lbs. What little review I have done about DS, seems like the nutritional deficiencies would be so much greater. I'd love to hear how someone is doing that had a revision to DS more than just recently. I am very interested in the long term effects. Good luck to.everyone?

Christiel75
on 7/19/17 1:40 pm

I have to have a RNY revision to RNY. My dr basically said my stomach should be 5cm and it is 8cm. For the revision she will put my stomch back to 5cm. I will still have some restriction, but having a revision I wont be able to lose as much weight as you would with the original RNY surgery.

Original RNY 2002 My starting weight was 370 and kept most of it off until April 2017 when I weighed 250lbs. So for 14 yrs I kept off 120lbs. Then gained it back when I had a stroke and wasn't able to move around as much to keep the weight off.

So now I am waiting on my surgery date for my revision. I have all my clearances done.

richard74
on 7/19/17 3:54 pm - TX

Explain to me. Why can't you loose more weight as athe first time. I weight at 355 before surgery and dropped all the way down to 178 but now I'm at 217 would like to go back down to 180 or anything below 200 but it's so hard. Thank you for any info.

Christiel75
on 7/19/17 4:53 pm

Hello richard74,

I'm not sure why, my dr said I can expect to lose 60lbs with the revision, any other weight loss would be on me. This is a question that I need to ask.

Most Active