Revision weights? Weight gained back? Stretched stoma or pouch?

Corn1
on 4/5/17 8:19 am
RNY on 03/15/17

I had the Apollo Overstitch. It was done through an Endoscopy

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 8:29 am - Orlando, FL

Did your insurance pay for it?

Corn1
on 4/5/17 8:32 am
RNY on 03/15/17

Yes, mine paid for it.

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 8:35 am - Orlando, FL

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions? I am trying to get that one done and I am really concerned about insurance. It is not considered a gastric bypass surgery but Stomach Surgery (CPT Code 43999). I am concerned about the medical necessity of the procedure (my stomach pou*****reased in size). I have Federal Blue Cross and Blue Shield. How was your experience with your insurance?

Corn1
on 4/5/17 8:40 am
RNY on 03/15/17

I don't mind. My stomach was not stretched. Only my stoma. It is considered an endoscopic procedure. My insurance was really good about it. It I also checked into before having the procedure so I made sure they covered it prior to surgery. My experience in itself isn't too bad. Weight loss is slow but I am still losing. Kind of have to reprogram your mind. Taking baby sips. I haven't transitioned to regular foods yet.

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 8:42 am - Orlando, FL

Do you know what justification your surgeon's office used? Did you have dumping syndrome, hernias, ulcers?

Corn1
on 4/5/17 8:44 am
RNY on 03/15/17

I'm sorry. I don't know what information he used. Maybe you could talk with your surgeon or check with your insurance to find out what is needed to cover yours . Every carrier is different. I'm sorry that I can't help you with that portion of it.

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 8:46 am - Orlando, FL

Did you have to meet pre-requirements such as 3 months medically supervised diet? Psychologist? Nutrionist? Just like regular gastric bypass?

Corn1
on 5/8/17 9:34 am
RNY on 03/15/17

Gavin B. I was required to see a nutritionist for about a month. 1st visit was to weigh in and then talks about changes that I would make. She also talked about how to eat after the surgery. My second visit was a month later to weigh in and see what progresss I made to make the changes. Since I adapted so well, surgery was approved and scheduled right away.

seimone123
on 3/8/19 7:48 pm

My bmi is 37 and need to be over 40. How can I pack on pounds for the scale

Most Active