Revision weights? Weight gained back? Stretched stoma or pouch?

Mandy K.
on 3/16/17 2:37 pm - St. Louis, MO

I'm glad your surgery went well. Mine was outpatient so I went home the same day. Anyway I've lost 22 lbs including the week before surgery. I'm frustrated because Im barely eating anything and that is all that so have lost. I am going to have to kick up the exercise. I was too weak the first 2 weeks to do anything more than walk,

Corn1
on 3/16/17 2:45 pm
RNY on 03/15/17

It will come Mandie. I was told the rate of weight loss is slower than the RNY but it will come off. I accidentally took a large gulp of apple juice and I feel like someone got me in the chest. I'm on liquids for at least three weeks. Congratulations on the 22lbs.

Corn1
on 3/20/17 1:38 pm
RNY on 03/15/17

Hi Mandie. You are correct. I have been very weak

Corn1
on 4/5/17 8:31 am
RNY on 03/15/17

How are things going for you now?

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 4:56 am - Orlando, FL

Mandy, did your insurance cover this? I have Blue Cross and Blue Shield. My surgeon told me that he suggests an endoscopic suturing to decrease the size of my enlarged pouch.

acrazy_2011
on 2/27/17 7:33 pm
VSG on 09/03/14

I am 2 years out from VSG surgery and  I have gained about 20 pounds, is it too soon for me to be thinking about revision surgery.... I am really considering having it done.

Andrea Nelums

cmp067
on 3/5/17 2:17 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

Only your surgeon can answer that question for you, not anyone on this board. They can give you opinions, and be prepared because some might be snarky as another has said. The bottom line is, if the shape of your sleeve has changed, a revision can help. But you won't know until you go get the proper tests from your doctor. Good luck to you! And I think the sooner you go see your doctor, the sooner you will get this under control, whatever the solution may be. Don't wait until it's 40 lbs. :)

Original VSG 3/23/2012 - Revision/Resleeve 1/6/2017

Mandy K.
on 3/13/17 9:24 pm - St. Louis, MO

My proven stretched stoma. I don't think they even cared that I gained 65 lbs.

Corn1
on 3/15/17 3:41 pm
RNY on 03/15/17

My stoma stretched. Had surgery this morning. Still in the hospital. Was given 2 oz. of protein, 2 oz. of apple juice and 4 oz of soup. I am not hungry and have no desire to eat. Took baby sips of the protein but didn't fini**** Now the dinner tray is here. Same thing. But again, no desire to eat. I do hope that I feel the restriction. I gained 90 lbs. I pray to get that off.

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 4:57 am - Orlando, FL

what kind of surgery you had? endoscopic or laparoscopic?

Most Active