Revision needed and advice please.

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/17 2:17 pm, edited 1/20/17 12:28 am

hollykim
on 1/19/17 5:43 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 19, 2017 at 10:17 PM Pacific Time, Mike44 wrote:

Greetings, 

I am a post lap band patient and it has failed me (leaks and having things caught all the time(vomit)). I am now disabled and put the weight back on due to my lack of being ambulatory like I used to be. I am seeking a sleeve, but I am looking at more options. I would like to get something a tad more aggressive. Maybe something like a duodenal switch. I am concerned about my picky eating with this one and RNY. Additionally, I do not want to be dependent on supplements for the rest of my life. I am not a big meat eater and not really like greens (mustard, collard, and turnips) much. I will NOT get the RNY due to several things with the stomach and my stomach issues. 

Do you know of anything that is between a sleeve and RNY/duodenal switch that is more aggressive than sleeve, but less aggressive than the later two? I need the hunger hormone gone (I am hungry all the time), capacity reduction (my band leaks, its broke), and some slight mal-absorptive benefits. I do not need the food to mix with the digestive enzymes so close to the rear end and not getting absorbed at a 50% or less rate due to my picky eating.

Please let me know if there is another appropriate place to post this question if there is one.

Thank you in advance 

Mike

the WLS you are wanting doesn't exist. No meat or greens? So. What are you going to eat?

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/17 11:13 pm
seattledeb
on 1/19/17 11:39 pm

You are full of excuses and you ripped the head off of the first person to respond.

This will endure no one to help you find a surgery that does not exist. 

Most Active