Wish I would've chosen different

bublegirl1
on 12/23/16 2:08 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Seriously, thank you so much for saying all that! You're right. And even super slow is better than not st all or gaining. I need to buck up and do what I can and keep fighting. Thank you again. :) 

-Amie

Beam me up Scottie
on 12/23/16 3:58 pm
Stay connected. This group can be tough, but I think most people that post here want to help.

I found that keeping track of me eating on myfitnesspal.com and using my fitbit helped when I had to fight a little bounce back. It doesn't come off as fast as the first year post op but it is easier and does come off
bublegirl1
on 12/26/16 8:47 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Yes I've used MFP for a little big time. Then gave up. I'll have to get back to it. Thank you!

-Amie

hipswishingvinegarball
on 12/27/16 4:00 pm

Don't be mad at yourself - it's an imperfect surgery, but not a moral failing. I think I'd try going back to basics and see where that gets you. You may be pleasantly surprised.

If not, you may want to inquire with one of the the top revision surgeons in CA, as they are the probably the top in the country, if not the world for doing the RNY to DS revision, but also other complicated cases that other surgeon won't (or shouldn't) touch. You would be considered one of those complicated cases I'm sure because you're stomach has been resected multiple times, meaning more scar tissue, and possibly not enough good stomach tissue to work with. 

If that is something you may want to consider, I'd contact either Dr Kesheshian, or Dr Rabkin. I've been following this stuff for over 10 years, and would not go to any other surgeon for this, even if they claimed they could handle it. 

B. Bap
on 4/23/17 9:39 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. Hearing this shows me that I am not alone. It helps to validate my concerns on considering doing a revision.

For me there are no Surgeons that perform the DS in my area so I am left with RNY, unless I travel. At this point I am just trying to determine if the benefits of the revision outweigh (little pun intended) doing the risks of the revision.

You story has helped ring some comfort.

Most Active