Fear of failure

Jwy
on 11/10/16 4:03 am

i am having my second revision surgery the week of thanksgiving. My biggest fear is that it won't work and I am out of options. Everyone says you just have to follow your food plan but that worries me bc honestly if I could just follow a food plan I wouldn't need surgery. I feel so desperate. 

hollykim
on 11/10/16 6:44 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 10, 2016 at 12:03 PM Pacific Time, Jwy wrote:

i am having my second revision surgery the week of thanksgiving. My biggest fear is that it won't work and I am out of options. Everyone says you just have to follow your food plan but that worries me bc honestly if I could just follow a food plan I wouldn't need surgery. I feel so desperate. 

honestly, all weight loss surgeries are is a tool. They help us lose and keep weight off but they are not a magic bullet that will let us eat whatever whenever and still lose and maintain. 

Unless you get some kind of control I don't think any surgery is going to work long term for you. Have you tried therapy?

Jwy
on 11/10/16 8:02 am

I have tried therapy but will probably try to return to therapy when I get back from surgery. I work and have a small child so making time for therapy is really difficult.  I've also had a hard time finding a therapist that works with food issues.  All the general therapists say they can work with food issues, but I have found that the therapy has not really helped with my food issues.  I know based on my past experience that the surgery wont fix everything, I am just out of ideas for a solution and am hoping that I can use this tool successfully.  

Bdabney
on 11/10/16 7:31 am

I think that you should believe in yourself that this time you will make it work. I think everyone has that fear, if they are going in for a revision.

2fat42long
on 12/1/16 11:58 pm

How did your surgery go? Thinking of you. But I do think we all struggle with the fear of failure at some point. I know I do.

Most Active