It has finally been approved through United Health dual coverage. I am truly blessed.

Tammi H.
on 10/8/16 11:31 pm

r1   eeeeeee 

Laura in Texas
on 10/9/16 6:18 am

What is your surgeon going to do?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Tammi H.
on 10/11/16 1:01 am

Dr hasn't really said I have only had ONE meeting with him. I do believe it is to correct an enlarged lower stoma. regain the restriction back once again, which after almost 10 years of never staying at goal my weight, praying this will bring and regain my self esteems, and improve more of all my health, prevent any more health issues then I am already having. Of course to lose weight.....

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/15/16 7:39 am

I wish you best, but from what I see - most revisions to try to make the stoma smaller don't last or don't produce the long term results people hope for. At best - people see temporary weight loss due to prep and post op diet...but a year later - unless they really follow up WLS type diet - they are back to the weight before the revision or more. 

You know your weight gain is due to poor diet...candies and stuf.. And every time you committed to good eating ' you were able to lose weight...then the old habits kick in. I know ..I've done that also. 

Only long ter m consistent Way Of Eating (WOE - or you can call it a diet) allows us to maintain. 

I try to weigh myself daily. And when my weekly average increase by more than .5 lbs..or I see a trend in my weight gain..0.5 lb per week in 8 weeks is 4 lbs weight gain...or 24 lbs in a year.

My weight fluctuate daily - my range is app 5 lbs. But my weekly average is within 1 lb. If I go below that - I try to eat more. But when I go above that - I eat less and try to move more...

There is no magic. No surgery..no pill ...just diet and movement.. Not even exercise ...I may wolk more...or go back to yoga and stretching... Or chase my cat around the house... Or do more yard work (that I really don't like) 

Maybe the procedure would give you new beginning - lets hope you can comit and get where you need to be.

Good luck. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tammi H.
on 10/17/16 9:16 pm

Thank you for your kind and honest words, very well researched words concerning the revision. I understand that the revision will last a year if I'm lucky maybe longer, but I need it to remind me to eat the smaller portions again, to NOT allow it to enlarge again, as well as eating right, better again.  I will have plenty of follow up, and support for which I didn't have with the first surgery. I feel I have done fair. You are right abou****ching everything we do and do not eat.

Have you had the revision? Or just know allot about it, or know of someone who has had it?

Tammi

MaryMargaretMiller
on 10/19/16 3:02 pm

Tammi H.,

Hi. My name is Mary M. I had RNY in 1999. I went from 398 to 297. At that time there were no support groups where I lived, my surgeon in St. Louis moved away, and my husband and I (who both had the surgeries) were left to cope with everything alone. We couldn't even get protein drinks at the local stores at that time! Eventually most of it has come back on. I'm 364 now. I would do it all again tomorrow if I had it to do over again, even though I've put so much back on.

Times have certainly changed! I was approved for a revision yesterday. I was so excited I cried! Then the office manager told me that she was 99% sure Tricare insurance wouldn't pay for it because it's an "unlisted diagnosis code".

My question to you, Tammi, is what you had to do to get United Health to approve you. I was so ecstatic yesterday and in the same breath my heart was broken. Did they find an ICD 10 code that worked for you?

I'll be thinking of you.

Mary

Tammi H.
on 10/29/16 12:35 am

Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. I really don't know what those codes are. I just joined a weight loss team, bariatric/revision team, lost a little weight, and then was approved for the revision. Of course there are those out there that are sceptics whom think is isn't worth it, but I feel deep with in myself that I have a great team working with me ( didn't have anything like that when I had the first surgery. ) and I know there is NO CHANCE FOR HELP. This is it. So I am in no way going to mess this up. I didn't want or think I was going to mess the first surgery up, but with no support, it was easy I guess.

I am sure praying you can get approved for your health to improve and for you to get to feeling better. Do let me know if your insurance does approve you. I am pulling for you that they will. God above knows what our needs are and he will provide according to His will, and our hearts desires.

Highest 320, lowest at one time for about 1-2 yrs 160, now stuck at around 195-220, Dream goal is 145, real world is 155-160lbs.

Mandy K.
on 12/30/16 7:54 pm - St. Louis, MO

I am waiting to hear back from my insurance co to get approval for a gastric bypass revision with overstitch.  This is where the Dr uses a camera and small tool to make your pouch and stoma smaller by stapling endoscopically.  No incisions needed.  My pouch is ok but my stoma is double the size it needs to be.  I was just wondering what kind of revision you are trying to get and by what Dr. in St. Louis.  I'm going all of the way to Festus because Dr. Snow is the only one nearby that does the overstitch revision.

Thanks,

Mandy

Most Active