Anyone else have morning nausea and acid reflux ?

KCAllen77
on 9/14/16 7:44 am - Titusville, PA

my RNY basically came apart, and I believe the stoma is stretched too. Other than slowly putting on the weight , I've suffered with sick belly in the AM (upon awaking) and terrible acid reflux. I'm hoping the revision will make it go away. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/14/16 12:16 pm

what type of revision you are going to have?  

why do you think revision will fix the GERD? 

I am asking - because in November last year I got a severe GERD... suddenly... I got tests and some more tests and more tests... and we could not figure out what caused that....

my doc put me on antibiotics and yeast meds... and Rx PPI 2 x a day and and...The OTC PPI did not touch that one...

we treated the symptoms... they could not find anything wrong with me... it is slowly improving. I am still on Rx PPI and I had to watch what i eat...but the symptoms are 80% gone.....I still sleep with my head elevated...sometimes in a recliner... but I no longer need to chew antacids all the time or stay away from my coffee... 

even my latest test for allergies show that I am no longer reactive to some I used to be allergic to... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

deby_S
on 9/19/16 3:38 pm - TX

I am having the same problems as you.  I am six years out with the VSG and have loved it until now.  Never wanted RNY, but am reading that GERD development is common and many have had to switch to get relief.  I am wondering if that is for sure a final fix for the GERD if I have to do this.  Worried...

Deby

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.    
H.A.L.A B.
on 9/19/16 4:10 pm

I had RNY in 2008... and I had to be on PPI for most of my 8 years... maybe 1-2 years without...

I NEVER took or need to take PPI before RNY... in my case - RNY caused GERD.. or whatever it is I have... we really don't know.. and I already have Barrett esophagus (tested - confirmed). Not a major -but the changes are there already...

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

KCAllen77
on 9/28/16 5:56 am - Titusville, PA

They claim it will help. They are going to do a endoscopy restitch in which they will repair the fistulas and fix the stoma that's stretched. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/28/16 5:59 am

Good luck with that. 

KCAllen77
on 12/15/16 10:29 am - Titusville, PA

They are saying an endoscopy restitch. 

DeeDee83
on 9/29/16 9:14 pm, edited 9/29/16 2:15 pm

I don't have an RNY, I have a VSG.  Prior to that I had an erroded lapband then ended up inside my stomach.  I did a lot of research on acid burps (that's what I call it), and chose to try out ginger tea.  I use organic raw ginger that i slice up and peel the outer skins.  Brew hot boiling water, and let the ginger root steep for 10 minutes. I add raw organic honey, just a little to sweeten it some.  I either drink it hot, or pour it over some ice.  I don't have any acid burps.  Thats what I drink for the day, water and decaf coffee.  Haven't had the acid burps in years.  BUT, if I travel anywhere, I bring organic ginger tea bags with me.  Ginger is a natural anti inflammatory, aides in digestion, and the raw honey has Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties and antioxidants.  You just have to watch, because ginger is an anti inflammatory, if you are taking blood thinners, or aspirin, it may be too much for you.  

It works for me.

The best to you, hope you feel better.

Most Active