Looking for Revision for my RNY...options?

LauraAnneW715
on 7/21/16 8:00 am

Hi everyone! I had RNY over 8 years ago and have had significant regain and am looking to do a revision. I had RNY at Barix and will only go there for a revision. What are some revision options I can look into before having my consult with the Dr? any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks !

Laura

TanyaRN
on 7/21/16 4:29 pm - Palm Bay, FL

Regain does not necessarily mean revision. In fact, very rarely. Try going back to basics and using your tool.

LauraAnneW715
on 7/21/16 5:54 pm

I understand that. However, I am also plagued by other issues . I have indeed done the 5 day pouch test and have been on a very strict diet and have concerns that my pouch and stoma may be stretched. I was asking for information on revision because I thought someone would have insight into the procedures. I am not someone who just gained a fee pounds and was like " oh yes let me just have a major surgery so I can drop a few pounds." No I have serious concerns and questions about this.

-- Laura

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/16 6:21 pm - CA

There are a few revision options.  Endoscopic revision aka Apollo Overstitch where they go through with a scope down your throats and stitch the enlarged outlet.  The, there is the aroma revision which would be a major surgery and more complications.  I would seek a consult with a Bariatric Surgeon who does both and let them tell you which procedure would be best for you.   You will need to have a scope done to see if you have an enlarged outlet or a mechanical breakdown before they can really give you a clear idea.

Good Luck

Laura in Texas
on 7/22/16 4:54 am

The only revision from RNY with good long-term proven results seems to be RNY to DS. BUT it is the most complicated revision and you need a highly specialized surgeon to have it done correctly. Anyone can claim to be able to do it, but your life is on the line if your surgeon does not really know how to do it. A friend of mine had this revision done by a quack and died a few years after her revision. She was in and out of the hospital for the rest of her life and never had any semblance of "normal". Be careful and do your research if you go this route.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

A. B.
on 7/22/16 7:07 pm
I recently had a laproscopic rny revison. aetna did not approve the overstitch for me. Basically my stoma was enlarged and was causing me major stomach issues so they have revised it. I did end up with a leak and having lung issues from the anasthesia but thats another topic. I am currently 3 months out and down 38 lbs. It is a slower weight loss so i'll take what i can get.

TRYING IS HONORABLE FAILURE

L. Knight
on 7/23/16 10:27 am
VSG on 07/28/09 with

Congrats on your revision RYN and your weight loss. I have mine 4-Aug. I previously had gastric sleeve back in 2009 and i have gained approx 20 pounds back. It doesn't sound like a lot but it's enough plus i have acid reflux. 

tabrielle10
on 7/23/16 1:06 pm

Hi Im looking  to find a doctor to do my revision. I have gained 60 of my 124lbs that I lost back in 2012 when I got the sleeve. can you point me to a doctor in Louisiana that do revisions that accepts uhc medicaid please>

KasDev
on 7/28/16 12:58 am

I'm in the same situate. I hope to get solution very soon

Debbie R.
on 8/20/16 2:32 pm - FL

Hi I am considering the over stitch as well..may I ask the cost? And where did you get the revision?

this looks great

Most Active