Is there weight loss with a VSG to RNY Revision?

DawnleeRNY2016
on 7/18/16 8:01 pm
Revision on 08/24/16

Thank you for the response.  I did very well with the sleeve lost 112 pounds then I slacked some. But this acid it what's bugging me. I don't have to take metforman. Anymore or wear my cpap. And I am very great full for all of those things. You sound like your doing great!! 

Vsgtorny
on 12/28/17 12:21 pm
RNY on 02/27/18

I had a sleeve 2015.... awful Gerd has been my only complaint. Lost about 80 pounds. Have put a little on now. Getting a rny on feb 27.

dr says I won't loose much weight but I'm hoping that after going through another surgery I will be acid free and a nice bonus would be some more weight loss.

anyone have this done and what were your results?

stacyrg
on 7/19/16 11:24 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I revised from sleeve to RNY on 7/1 because of severe GERD.  Prior to my revision I had regained about 17 lbs because the only thing that seemed to relieve my acid was carb filled crackers.  I would eat them all day, every day.  My surgeon told me I was unlikely to lose a significant amount of weight as a result of the surgery.  I've lost 11 of the 17 and am hoping to get back to my lowest weight.  When I saw him for my 1 week follow up, he told me the loss would slow down and it may take me a while to lose the rest.  It has definitely slowed down.  He also said there is a possibility that I may gain a few lbs once I progress to regular food.  I'm hoping to prove him wrong!  

I will say that my acid is completely gone and has been since I woke up from surgery.  I'm grateful every day to have had the revision and for my surgeon for having the skill to do the surgery!  

Good luck!!

DawnleeRNY2016
on 7/19/16 2:17 pm
Revision on 08/24/16

I am glad to hear there is some relief at the end of all this. Oh thank you for replying :) 

I know the feeling that is also why I gained some I can keep crunchy things down thats it 

I even tried protein shakes those wont stay down.. Took me awhile to contact him I dont like

doctors much but it took my family getting on me about something might be wrong for me to 

go in. 

I hope all continues well for you :) 

stacyrg
on 7/19/16 2:39 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I hope things go well for you also!

Readytoloose425
on 12/8/17 9:17 am
Revision on 07/20/17

Hello

My situation is identical to yours. Just wondering how things are going now? Over 1 year later. Is GERD still gone? How has the weight loss been. I hope you're proven your doctor wrong

DawnleeRNY2016
on 8/15/18 5:59 am
Revision on 08/24/16

Down in normal bmi finally 132 lbs gerd is gone. And doing great.

ezab70
on 8/24/18 2:38 pm
Revision on 10/01/18

hi i really would love to chat with you. i am scheduled revise from vsg to rny on oct 1. had vsg sept 2011 was successful but put on wait over last 2 years but not at my highest at all still 70 below that. would like to lose 30 more. what has been the key to your success? i exercise 3-4 times week orange theory but i think my pouch may have expanded - i feel hungry a lot. my issue is extreme GERD. i would really like to know more about what plan you followed and your journey post revision. thank you so much.

Anne O.
on 7/26/16 9:57 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Is your insurance going to pay for your revision?

DawnleeRNY2016
on 7/27/16 1:25 am
Revision on 08/24/16

Yes they are because it is medically needed with the twisted sleeve and Gerd I can not keep anything down. 

Most Active