Is there weight loss with a VSG to RNY Revision?

DawnleeRNY2016
on 7/14/16 11:24 pm
Revision on 08/24/16

Is there weight loss with a VSG to RNY Revision?

Was sleeved in 2013, I have super bad GERD so the Doc is doing a RNY on me 8/24/16

Please help or if you went thru this let me know,. Thank you 

Phatchick
on 7/15/16 4:50 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

I hope so. I too have the same issue. I have started the journey to a revision and am so concerned that a second weight loss surgery will not be as successful as the VSG that helped me lose 100 lbs. I still need to lose about 80 more. But with that said, just having the GERD gone will be awesome. Hugs!

DawnleeRNY2016
on 7/15/16 5:38 am
Revision on 08/24/16

I started mine on 5/5/2016 and I just got all my paper work and everything in the Insurance got back with a approval in 8 days which I thought was pretty quick. The VSG helped me to lose 112 lbs. But I still need more off but that is not what I am having this for. But if it helps with that as well I wont be mad LOL. So are you approved already for it? I am so scared to do this again. I wish you luck keep me updated on your journey.. Hugs :)

CurvyCakes
on 1/24/17 2:11 pm

Dawn how has it been since your revision? Was the GERD fixed right away and how has the weight loss been.

DawnleeRNY2016
on 8/15/18 5:55 am
Revision on 08/24/16

Gerd gone. And I'm down To 132 so it was great all around.

msessence62
on 7/18/16 12:57 pm - fort worth, TX
RNY on 07/11/16

My surgery is still fresh i had my revision from sleeve to rny on 7/11 and i`m already down 15 lbs,I had no complications from the sleeve except it never worked.I have my fingers crossed this time there will not be a 3rd surgery

So far i feel great no complications,overnight hospital stay and they get you up and walking within an hour .I had zero appetite for the first 5 days I mostly drank broth and water

Good Luck keep us posted

DawnleeRNY2016
on 7/18/16 1:01 pm
Revision on 08/24/16

Congrats I am glad you are doing so well already. Sorry the sleeve didn't work for you. 

Thank you for the luck. I was so scared when he told me I needed the RNY but I found this site 

and it has alot of support and answers. Do you have a WLS channel or FB? 

msessence62
on 7/18/16 1:05 pm - fort worth, TX
RNY on 07/11/16

no im really private and rather share my story with people in my same situation

DawnleeRNY2016
on 7/18/16 1:12 pm
Revision on 08/24/16

No problem, I am as well so I made a FB just for my weight loss so no one I know see's all the stuff I post 

about my journey and my crazy videos lol. 

Ladytazz
on 7/18/16 7:53 pm

All I can say is you can get out of WLS what you put into it, revision or not.

I was a revision from a DS which caused me many issues, of which GERD was about the least.  I also regained 100 lbs which shows that you can regain with any WLS.  There is no magical procedure that allows us to eat unrestrained with consequence.

My surgeon warned me that I might not lose any weight with the revision.  At the time losing weight wasn't high on the list, being healthy was.  But I decided that if I had to have a revision I may as well make the best of it and follow directions, something I had sorely neglected to do the first time.

I fully expected slow weight loss but instead I lost even faster then the first time and more.  I am almost 6 years into it and still maintaining a normal weight.  Because I decided to use my tool instead of expecting the tool to do all the work.

BTW, the GERD is completely gone, as are my other issues.  I am healthier then I have been in years.  So yes, a revision can be successful as long as you go into it with the right mindset and a commitment to make the best of it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active