need support - 5 years out and gained weight

sowkdoc
on 7/14/16 8:29 pm

Hello everyone

I had a revision from a lap band in 2011 - followed program - did what I had too........lost 140 pounds!!! had tummy tuck 2 year ago - 5 pounds of skin GONE------super proud!!!   My current issue/situation is that in the last 2 years - I started a new and more stressful job which is also a lot further from home - was  working out 6 days a week - has gone to the way side - im also not eating as I should be or making healthy choices - a lot more alcohol in my life then before ....i know i need to re adjust - just need to know what I should be focused on/eating - should i focus on protein - shakes/Greek yogurt/meat or should i focus on veggie?  I know exercise is key - i am already looking at how to get it back in daily rouine - does anyone have a meal plan I could follow or advise on how to get the exercise in>

Hilarious
on 7/15/16 8:18 pm - Coram, NY

I shoot for 1,000 - 1,200 calories per day, 60-80 grams of protein, low fat, and low sugar. I'm a little over 8 months out from revision from lapband to RNY, so this is the diet plan my nutritionist recommends. I do use an app, My Plate, to track my calories and find that holds me accountable. I think if you cut back on your calories for a while you'll probably kick start weight loss.

i always focus on protein first and then add in a veg or a small amount of carbs like corn or mashed potatoes. 

I can't help with the exercise as I'm working hard to stay on track there. The only thing I would say is find something you enjoy. I fell in love with hot yoga - I'm not getting there as often as I'd like right now, but I do really enjoy it.

i wish you lots of success in accomplishing your goals.

Hilari

sowkdoc
on 7/16/16 5:05 am

Thank you for the suggestion and the app idea - good luck to you too!!!

Petra R.
on 7/19/16 3:42 pm - Saddle Brook, NJ

Hi, 

Something that helped me kick start my weight loss was the Military Diet (themilitarydiet.com). Give it a shot and I agree with focusing on intake of protein, with small amounts of fruits and veggies (which you can put into a smoothie with protein powder to make it easier). Also, make sure your body is absorbing your vitamins. Many of us suffer from Iron and B12 deficiency's so check with your doc. As for exercise, if you're too busy to get in a full workout right now do what you can when you can. Little victories. Park furthest from wherever you have to go, take the stairs whenever possible. Depending on your type of work there are things you can do. Google search and you will find something. Stay positive and stay strong. You got this. Good luck.   

Most Active