Having lap band flashbacks...

Anne O.
on 7/12/16 8:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

I am 12 days post op band to sleeve revision and I have been having burping every time I drink and a slightly raw feeling in my throat and dry coughing. 

This reminds me soooo much of the band that it is freaking me out! With the band I remember that after every lunch time I would come back to class dry coughing (I'm a teacher.) It was so predictable that some of my students would make fun of me and mock-cough. Teenagers are great, aren't they? ;) 

To complicate things, I am on a blood-pressure med that has dry cough as a side effect. I don't remember having a dry cough before the revision, but, then again I wasn't paying so much attention to my digestive system. Now I'm positively obsessive and worried that I made a huge mistake getting the sleeve. 

This just feels so tight. Not nearly as bad as after a fill, but too close for comfort. 

For those who have gone lap-band to sleeve, please tell me that this loosens up. 

hollykim
on 7/12/16 1:17 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 12, 2016 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, Anne O. wrote:

I am 12 days post op band to sleeve revision and I have been having burping every time I drink and a slightly raw feeling in my throat and dry coughing. 

This reminds me soooo much of the band that it is freaking me out! With the band I remember that after every lunch time I would come back to class dry coughing (I'm a teacher.) It was so predictable that some of my students would make fun of me and mock-cough. Teenagers are great, aren't they? ;) 

To complicate things, I am on a blood-pressure med that has dry cough as a side effect. I don't remember having a dry cough before the revision, but, then again I wasn't paying so much attention to my digestive system. Now I'm positively obsessive and worried that I made a huge mistake getting the sleeve. 

This just feels so tight. Not nearly as bad as after a fill, but too close for comfort. 

For those who have gone lap-band to sleeve, please tell me that this loosens up. 

I don't know about lap band to sleeve but your symptoms sound like acid reflux,which can be caused by the sleeve. 

Pare you taking a PPI,like Nexium?

Anne O.
on 7/12/16 1:36 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

I am taking 40mg of prilosec per day and some gaviscon when I get a little bit of acid in my throat. I don't have any heartburn and I am sleeping lying down no problem. I had the sleeve in MX so I have an appt with my old band doc next week to talk to him about this.

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/16 6:55 pm

Give a call or send an e-mail to the Dr in Mx who did your surgery. I have never heard of one that didn't offer some follow up care. Might give you some help before your appt next week.

Anne O.
on 7/13/16 2:25 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

He is out of town. 

Laura in Texas
on 7/14/16 10:38 am

There are a lot of blood pressure medications out there. I suggest you talk to your doctor about getting on a different one. When I was on bp medication, I tried 3 different ones until I found one that did not make me cough (I am also a teacher and could not teach with all the coughing).

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active