Considering Revision and a bit scared

Galadriul
on 7/3/16 10:31 am

Hello, I had an RNY Gastric bypass in 2006 and lost 150 lbs.  But have now gained back 80 of it.  Dr. Kane did my surgery in IL at Alexian Brothers.  I just want to get a feel from others about the risks and such of getting a revision and what types of revisions are safest after the initial.  I am now 36 years old and not as young as before so I am afraid that maybe I am too old, or have too much scar tissue, I had another baby since then.  So maybe if I have the revision I will be unsafe.  Is a revision to the RNY the same?  Do they just make the pouch smaller again, or does it involve cutting, removing, and attaching organs again. Lol, sorry for the rambling..im just really nervous but sick of feeling sick and tired again.  

blandy
on 7/4/16 3:52 pm

I too am trying to get a revision, but from sleeve to rny due to severe reflux. When I was speaking to my surgeon, he told me that he did a gastric bypass on the same person 3 times. Each time they lost a little bit more until the last one. He said that they just make the pouch smaller since it was stretched out.

HW: 268  SW: 243  GW: 150

Christy223
on 7/16/16 2:45 pm

Hello I wi**** was more studies or people having revision but unfortunately there isn't much we could read on. I had RNY IN 2006 also. had THREE children since 2006 didn't gain any weight until I had the last child which turned 1 THIS YEAR.. I recently had revision on 6-22-2016..I did not have any issues after my revision.The healing process is a little slower and the WL is slower also. but I'm trying to lost 80 lbs. I gained back after 10 years. In the  surgery my pouch was restitched and the roux limb was moved further down to give you more restriction im 3 weeks post op and I've already lost 21lbs which in good. don't be scared I know how you feel gaining weight back if I had to do it all overagain I would....and I did...good luck..

Vslim1412
on 8/20/16 9:26 am
Revision on 08/15/16

Well I to had any in 2006 and have gained back 100lbs and I just had revision. I am a week out so at this point I can not give u any advice but just wanted u to know u are not alone.

Most Active