Weight lost with RNY

luvlife70
on 7/8/16 10:52 pm
Revision on 01/20/16

my dr @ loyola in maywood, IL bipan chand told me that i couldn't even expect anything. there isn't enough data available. had 1st procedure i***** ring around esophagus. lost about 95 lbs and gained that back + 60 lbs. 2002 had rny and was 198 pounds about 25 lbs of hanging skin i never got removed to be at goal weight that took about 18 mos to do. but this time, i was told, that the natural booster that happens tothe body with the original rny cant be reproduced to make weight loss rapid and almost effortless. this new journey i was 378 lbs when i began meeting with dietician. when i went into surgery on 1-20-16, after 16 months (approximately), i went into surgery at 318 pounds. i gained 26 lbs of fluids and air or whatever. no complications this time. so, i lost that again within like 26 days. as of today, with the tightening of my pouch, I weigh 278 pounds. it's been almost 6 mos. i think that the mental is there more this time and it will be a forever thing bcz i am utilizing my tools, follow-up, vitamins, and behavior modification more. i pray for this always. i notice the little things more now.nothing tastes good anymore. taste buds changed. i am also post menopausal with arthritis and 14-15 yrs older. my metabolism is slower. hope it helps

Phatchick
on 7/12/16 7:24 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
On July 9, 2016 at 5:52 AM Pacific Time, luvlife70 wrote:

my dr @ loyola in maywood, IL bipan chand told me that i couldn't even expect anything. there isn't enough data available. had 1st procedure i***** ring around esophagus. lost about 95 lbs and gained that back + 60 lbs. 2002 had rny and was 198 pounds about 25 lbs of hanging skin i never got removed to be at goal weight that took about 18 mos to do. but this time, i was told, that the natural booster that happens tothe body with the original rny cant be reproduced to make weight loss rapid and almost effortless. this new journey i was 378 lbs when i began meeting with dietician. when i went into surgery on 1-20-16, after 16 months (approximately), i went into surgery at 318 pounds. i gained 26 lbs of fluids and air or whatever. no complications this time. so, i lost that again within like 26 days. as of today, with the tightening of my pouch, I weigh 278 pounds. it's been almost 6 mos. i think that the mental is there more this time and it will be a forever thing bcz i am utilizing my tools, follow-up, vitamins, and behavior modification more. i pray for this always. i notice the little things more now.nothing tastes good anymore. taste buds changed. i am also post menopausal with arthritis and 14-15 yrs older. my metabolism is slower. hope it helps

I saw Dr Chand today who told me my first surgery (VSG) was a failure. I lost 95 lbs  five years ago and have kept it off, but he said I should have lost 50% of my body weight which would have been 130 lbs. I started the process of doing the RNY revision. I , like you, will do the behavior modification this time. I didn't do it the last time. I just depended on the procedure and tho it served me well, between the GERD and the stall, I need to finally take care of my obesity. Hugs.

Most Active