Today has been a really bad day

tjsterch
on 4/13/16 1:19 pm
Revision on 04/18/16

My surgery day has been rescheduled to April 19th and my family has told me they will not be able to make it to the hospital on my day of surgery. My husband has to work, my 32 year old son will be on vacation, and my 20 year old daughter doesn't get up that early (10am).

I also have fibromyalgia (stress makes it worse) and it has been really bad lately. Medicine isn't helping much, today I had to drive and I don't like to take the meds and drive. So it has been really bad today.

At my pre-op, the AP informs me, I have had a lot of surgeries. I am having a conversion, but I have had a few other surgeries since my original vertical banded gastroplasty. The don't know it they will be able to do the surgery. They won't know this though until they are doing the operation. My heart sank even further in my chest. From their office, I needed to go to the hospital and register. Only there is no parking. I drive for half an hour. No parking. So I leave to go to a pharmacy and get new meds for after the surgery filled (must be filled today)

I am always there for everyone, now that I need someone, no one is there for me. And it made me not just sad, but angry. Husband decides this is a good time to pick a fight with me. So while I am waiting for my pre-op appointment, we are having a fight via text on the cell phone.

I am not mad anymore, just incredibly sad. No I can't discuss this with anyone, that is why I am posting it here.

And originally I even posted this in the wrong place :( today is not my day...

TJSterch 5'7 SW 284 lbs CW 210 lbs

Per month: 1st -24, 2nd -11, 3rd - 9, 4th -  8, 5th - 8, 6th - 4, 7th -2, 8th -7

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/13/16 1:47 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm so sorry that you're having such a crappy day. I'd be mad & sad too if the 1 time I needed people to be there & no one is. Sometimes the only person you can rely on is yourself. I hope that you get the surgery that you want, but if they have to back off it'll be for the better, you don't want to run into complications. Maybe they have to wait till you're a little better?

Crap days suck, hope tomorrow is better.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/16 6:29 pm

So sorry you have had such a bad day. I too marvel at how such painful things happen to us when we are so good to everyone else. Plus people who don't have fibro  just don't get it since they can't see it. It wears us down year by year but losing the weight will hopefully help with the pain from that as well. It has certainly helped me.

I hope someone in your family rethinks their plan for April 19th and is able to be there for you.

Many of us have struggled for support going through the process of WLS and will be here to help in any way we can. Vent all you need and ask for any help you need.

Good luck

sheriberi29
on 4/16/16 2:35 pm - Cleveland, TN

It is so sad ! I too find that I'm a giver and care taker and often find myself in shock when there is nobody available when I'm truly in need . If your near me in tn I'll be glad to be there for ya ?? 

Most Active