Careful when told no you do not need s revision.

nb1964
on 4/13/16 6:31 am
Revision on 04/07/16

I was told by my original gastric by pass surgeon, Dr Cribbins that I did not need a revision and he did not do any test. Sadly to say symptoms got worse and went to another doctor. I had three life threatening problems from the surgery Dr. Cribbins performed and he never checked for anything.

hipswishingvinegarball
on 4/13/16 5:10 pm

Most surgeons can't do the DS, as it takes longer to learn and perform, and is therefor less lucrative for the surgeon. That's why you can throw a rock in any direction and hit an RNY surgeon, but not a DS surgeon.

I have seen many stupid reasons why the "ds would not be as good" for the patient, even though it would have been better for them, especially if they had a high bmi, type 2 diabetes or high cholesterol. Surgeons often do what's best and easiest for the surgeon, not necessarily what's best forus. 

I no longer trust a surgeon actually does the DS even if they claim to, as way to many patients fall for the "bait and don't switch" when they are told they can get the DS, until they get in with the surgeon and start the process, then, surprise, the DS isn't going to work for them, when the surgeon actually can't do them. I've heard that too many times to count, so I'd only trust a DS surgeon on the vetted list I've seen around often posted by some of the DS vets.

Nancy C.
on 4/15/16 7:42 pm - Dallas, TX

Hi,

May I ask which Doctor you went to that found your serious problems? And do you have a plan or diagnosis for correction of your problems? I'm asking because I looked for 2 years to finally find a doctor that would take the time to diagnose me, explain the problem, and help me fix it. 

Nancy            
nb1964
on 4/16/16 3:02 am
Revision on 04/07/16

I I had a while adspiratiin long to my lungs one burst thru the intestines and my goof just say in my intestines the other issue my pouch had a hole thatvgtey in to my originally stomach. I used a doctor in Dallas.

Most Active