Lap-band to sleeve 18 months ago and havent lost 50 pounds

mizz203
on 4/5/16 7:58 pm - BRIDGEPORT, CT

I had lapband in 2004.....worked well until 2013......had to have it removed. Had the sleeve 10/2014.....here I am 18 months later and havent lost 50 pounds! I have no restriction....went to another dr for a second opinion last week. Had a upper GI today.....really sad...

renewme
on 4/6/16 9:36 am
VSG on 01/23/14

I had the VSG in 1/2014 and only lost 40 pounds total.  I had an upper GI done yesterday since I am in the process of a revision to the DS. 

Brandy Novak
on 4/7/16 11:39 am - North Richland Hills , TX

I am going through the exact same thing. I am finding out that it is not a good idea to go from a band to a sleeve, They are essentially the same thing. They are both solely considered restrictive surgeries. I am working with my ins to get a revision to Bypass now. I have my fingers crossed and can't wait for the blessing. I did not even know I had an issue. I went to have my gallbladder removed and the Dr sent me for an upper GI and that is how I found out. I was in total shock. 

I wish you nothing but the best.

mizz203
on 4/9/16 10:54 pm - BRIDGEPORT, CT

Brandy what did they found out after your upper GI?

Brandy Novak
on 4/10/16 8:38 am - North Richland Hills , TX

They found that my sleeve was not cut into a sleeve at all. They took a little chip out and it was in the wrong place. I'm finding out that the Dr that did mi e is considered a ensembly line Dr. He is huge in this field and I trusted him. Watch out for Dr. With huge marketing. Luckily my insurance does cover revisions. I've been bounced around some with what Dr. My insurance will allow but I'm hopeful. I know this is my last shot at this. 

Kris G.
on 4/9/16 10:35 pm

I asked my dr to revise from band to sleeve and he said he does not do that, said that studies have shown sleeve after band is less effective. I trusted him and did RNY. I have read others have been told the same its too bad not all Drs are on the same page because we have no choice but to trust them.  Best of luck to you. 

mizz203
on 4/9/16 10:53 pm - BRIDGEPORT, CT

Thank you

Most Active