revision to gastric bypass

slbaker
on 3/28/16 10:48 am

Its been 7years since my bypass and I have gained back half of what I lost, I am looking into doing a revision surgery! not sure yet which one.. have any of you done a revision to gastric bypass and how did it go?? any help would be appreciated! :)

sheriberi29
on 4/2/16 2:58 pm - Cleveland, TN

You had a gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago ? Are you wanting to revise to a different surgery or just revisit the bypass ? 

swaffson
on 4/26/16 7:48 pm

Hey, I am from Cleveland too. Banded in 2007, waiting on approval of revision of bypass.

sheriberi29
on 4/26/16 7:50 pm - Cleveland, TN

Cleveland tn? 

swaffson
on 4/26/16 7:53 pm

Yes, I actually live in Charleston to now

swaffson
on 4/26/16 7:54 pm

Tn i mean

sheriberi29
on 4/27/16 5:00 am - Cleveland, TN

That's very cool. Feel free to inbox me and we can keep up with each other. Maybe we can become walking buddies 

Hislady
on 4/2/16 8:05 pm - Vancouver, WA

First you need to have a scope to see if there is something physically wrong with the surgery you already have. If that is all fine it usually goes back to revisiting your eating. I would suggest for 2 weeks write down everything you eat and how much just the way you are eating right now. Put it on a site like myfitnesspal and see where the calories are coming from.Then you can see what needs changing to get back on track.

I'm very much in favor of trying to treat regain with diet changes before going on to a revision. You may have already done this I don't know. Once you see exactly what you are eating then go to a good low carb diet, start with something like the Atkins induction for a couple of weeks to detox from carbs and then try to stay under 50-75 carbs a day. Many of us stay under 20 but some find that just too difficult and go by total carbs not net carbs. Try that for  month and see how much you lose, if that is working stick with that till you lose the extra weight, sure beats going thru another surgery. Good luck!

Most Active