Revision in Mexico!

L. 68
on 3/15/16 10:38 am

I just have a question especially to those who had surgery in mexico..  when i spoke to them last week (dont remember which one) the coordinator explained step by step process and there was one thing that caught my ear (afterwards) and i cant remember the name.  So here it goes.  the steps of surgery from band to sleeve was explained but one thing that they said is that because the area of the stomach where the band was they add something there (thats what i dont remember) to enforce it because it might be a little weak in that area .  it was basically too make sure that the staples dont rip the stomach (the weak part)  does anyone remember being told that and what is the name .  i want to tell my doc here if i get APPROVED.  It does make sense to me i just forgot what it is..

Thanks all 

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

ladygodiva1228
on 3/15/16 11:21 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I don't know about how they do things in Mexico, but I want to let you know that last year when I had my band to bypass revision my surgeon told me afterwards that due to the band there was an area of my stomach that was "weak/damaged" and he cut it out.  He said there was no way he could safely leave that area in as it would result in complications.  He never said anything about putting any type of  reinforcement in.

I would say it must be some type of mesh they would put in there to reinforce the area, but honestly I would not feel comfortable with that.  I could be wrong though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but did want you to know what my surgeon did.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Hislady
on 3/16/16 5:33 pm - Vancouver, WA

RUN!!! I personally wouldn't want any other foreign body in me. If the band has damaged anything I'd rather they cut it off. I have never heard of putting something around that area. I would just say NO!

amrmedictmmy
on 3/17/16 9:19 pm
VSG on 03/31/16

The band causes erosion of the tissue and scar tissue in some cases. Erosion is the weakening of the stomach lining and scar tissue is a buildup or hardening which has to be cut away. I you have erosion they may have to put in a mesh or transplant donated tissue. If you have ever had a bladder sling you know they use mesh or donated tissue (cadaver skin). It's the same principal. I had the Sleeve, never any problem but I had to have a bladder lift. I used the Cadaver skin because the mesh has a bad reputation. No problems or issues at all.

Tammy

Maro
on 3/18/16 5:56 pm

Hello! With what Dr in Mexico?? In what part of Mexico?? My Dr in Monterrey Mex is Dr Rumbaut and he is great!

artificialdoll
on 3/22/16 8:45 pm

Did you have a revision with him? How much was it? I've been debating contacting him because i saw bad reviews and ratings about him :\   How was it for you?

Maro
on 3/23/16 10:39 am

Hi! Dr Rumbaut is an EXCELLENT surgeon! I am wondering what bad reviews have you read because in Tuesday I will have my sleeve into bypass with him. He did my sleeve on 2013 and everything went super. In my opinion and because I did a research he is a top line surgeon with huge experience and very professional. Thats why Iam gping back with him eventhough I live in Mexico City (far from Monterrey) and here I could find other good doctors. 

His staff/ office and hospital are first world level and he speaks english fluent. He wont take any risk with you... I know that because on July he couldnt do my bypass and I came out of the OR havent been operated, because he found me an stomach infection so he couldnt proceed! So I am going back now.

please let me know what are the bad comments you heard since I will be in surgery on days... Just to know.

last, he is an obese patience as well. He had a lap band and then a bypass so he is really caring and comprehensive with his patiences.

hope this help

Maro
on 3/23/16 10:42 am

On this same forum I wrote Roberto Rumbaut and I found many good reviews from him.

Most Active