Sleeve to DS and reflux

MuttLover
on 3/26/16 7:45 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Best wishes -- I completely understand!  Frankly, especially since I have a migraine today, my biggest concern (LOL, besides the regular concerns with RNY!) is how I'll manage the migraines in the future.  Luckily, I don't have as many any more -- but I have some arthritis as well. That whole NSAID thing is problematic for me -- we just make the best choices we can with the info we have, and hope for the best!  Keep in touch!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

angiegettingfit
on 4/6/16 3:56 am
VSG on 02/03/14

hi,

thank you for responding. You are right, it's not always an obvious choice and boy has this been one of the hardest decisions of my life!! BUT after meeting with my surgeon again two days ago, he still recommends RNY for me for long term health results and as a cure for my GERD. When I told him I was concerned about migraines and my need to occasionally use NSAIDS. (I use them roughly twice a month), he said as long as I take Carafate first I could use them sparingly with the rny. So as of today, I've decided to go with the Roux and I feel very confident and happy with this decision.....when is your surgery date?

MuttLover
on 4/6/16 6:09 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

I don't have my date yet -- they are not scheduling until they get the OK from the insurance company, and it looks like the person who submits has been out sick.  I called this week, and I left a message for the surgeon, and found out that at least it has been submitted.  I'm hoping for a date in April because by husband just got a new job that starts May 1 -- so he could use his vacation from the old job to stay home a couple of days with me!  

So here's hoping for the best for us both!  When's your surgery?

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Most Active