Apollo revision

wanttobthin
on 2/17/16 6:28 am

Waiting for my insurance to approve this procedure.  Was wondering has anyone had this done and if so did you have successful results afterwards?  How long did you take off work after the procedure?  Was there a lot of pain?  How much weight did you loose afterward? 

L. 68
on 2/17/16 1:04 pm

i have to luck that up never heard of it.

but if you dont get any answers here go to the top of page and type in Apollo Revision in the search forum box.  good luck and welcome..

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

L. 68
on 2/17/16 1:05 pm

meant to type LooK* that up

doing too many things at one time

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

JoyfulOverload
on 2/21/16 12:18 pm, edited 2/21/16 5:21 am

Hi,

I did have the Apollo Overstitch and I have wrote all about my experiences with the surgery, recovery, and more. It's located under the heading: 

After Apollo Overstitch to correct Gastric Fistula & Reduce Stoma

Don't hesitate to message me if you have a question or comment for me.

And always good luck.

J.O.

luvlife70
on 2/22/16 11:56 pm
Revision on 01/20/16

my doctor, bipan chand, does this and i was supposed to have it and be back to work after the weekend, but my insurance didnt pay. aetna supplement through medicare. so, i ended up having revision done to pouch and other things that they needed to do to help me be successful. this time though, i had it done laparoscopically. much better healing. hospital 3 nights, after two weeks doing dishes and able to see my sister in the hospital. driving 4 weeks. great! very pleased. nauseated a lot. gained 26 post op lbs, lost 14 on liquids for a week pre op, and now with diet, lost all of the 26 in 1 1/2 weeks and an additional 18 pounds.

molanca
on 4/22/16 7:13 am

I had my surgery 11/16/15. I've lost 52 pounds. The last few months have been slow but then I haven't been exercising like I should have been. From everything that I have read, 20-50 lbs. is the average weight loss. However, at my doctor's office we do have a couple of people who have lost 100 lbs. going back to their post-gastric bypass weight. I have another 49 lbs. to go so I hope to be able to join that club. I have more restriction but can still see that if there is a great risk of my gaining weight if I am not diligent. I would just caution you to work on your mindset as much as you do your body.

Most Active