Two Months Post Op and not more weight loss

Tammy P
on 2/9/16 10:31 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hey Cheddar555,

Don't be embarrassed, we GOT THIS!!!  Thanks for sharing your experience, it really helps.  I have started tracking my food and stepping up my workout to match the calories I've eaten.  Today, I had about 136 calories for breakfast and I burned 400 working out.  I'm hoping that will help me move this weight loss along.   

L. 68
on 2/10/16 11:30 am

Hello to all,  

Is it because i am what you call a lightweight?, because the amount of lbs that you all recorded is remarkable in the 6-8 weeks post op.  

26 lbs off in about 6 weeks is to die for right now  keep doing what you are doing dont give up your body is taking a break and learning what the hell is going on here.  It will catch up as soon as it realizes that you are not playing. lol   

keep up the good work.  slow and steady wins the race...

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Tammy P
on 2/11/16 5:25 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hi Liposcution 68,

You sound like me @ slow and steady wins the race - LOL. 

Okay, now you made me feel like: take a chill pill @ saying 26lbs in 6 weeks is to die for.  You see, I told y'all I know I was being extra.  It is a good thing right?!!  I think part of the problem is retraining our brains not to compare it to our weight loss before.  We just know we're gonna lose it and want it to happen immediately. 

I've decided that I'm going to remain grateful, workout, pay attention to what I'm eating and when I act like a fool and eat the wrong things, I'm not going to trip over it but learn from it. 

WE GOT THIS Y'ALL!!! 

L. 68
on 2/11/16 8:11 am

Right On Tright on Tammy...  you actually got me really excited 26 lbs in 6 weeks  hell my   my goal is 55 lbs  if i do 26 in six weeks that means 12 weeks or 3 months which ever sounds better i would be at goal  yeahhhhhhh

thanks for that 

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Sweebra
on 2/9/16 6:53 pm

Don't worry and just stick to the plan. I had revision from VSG to RNY and I have periods of complete stalls but I still log every calorie and every exercise and I keep working like the scale is moving because eventually it pays off. I was scared I wouldn't even lose 5 pounds in the month of January but then the last week it poured off with a whopping 7 pounds in 9 days. Its funny how it does that and every time I stall I freak myself out with "what if this is all I'll lose?" questions but then I shake it off and keep trying. Congrats on your progress so far!

Tammy P
on 2/11/16 5:37 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hi Sweebra,

Thanks for sharing your experience and by the way, you sound like me @ "what if this is all I'll lose?".  The mind is something else, something else!!! LOL

I've decided to do just as you're doing, keep pushing as if the numbers on the scale is moving right along with me.  I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop stepping on that scale but then I decided NOPE, I'm going to keep stepping on it because I'm determined to NOT let it get the best of me regardless what number shows up. 

Congrats on your success.  Keep pushing on!

Tammy P
on 2/11/16 5:40 am - Brooklyn, NY

I want to thank you ALL for sharing your stories and the encouraging words.  I just love how we all support each other.  Thanks for letting me vent, sound somewhat ungrateful (I don't mean to be) and dramatic. 

Again, I'm grateful to have you all by my virtual side for encouragement. 

biggbabeefornow
on 3/5/16 6:00 pm, edited 3/5/16 10:03 am - brownstown, MI

I just had my 6 month check up from revision and I was a little depressed before I went because I only have lost 24 pounds but my surgeon reassured me that when you have a revision surgery you lose weight slower because you have less to lose I  lost 100 pound the first time in 8 months because I weighed 347 pounds when I went in for my revision I weighed 219 I had gained 20 pounds back but never reached my goal weight I only have about 14 lbs to go until my goal weight he also told me with my revision I would lose a max of 4lbs total so just be patient and stick with it I am down to 190.01 as of the 3rd at my 6 month check up so keep pushing through

sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
Tammy P
on 3/7/16 5:06 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hi biggbabeefornow,

Thanks for this post and for sharing what your surgeon told you...it does make sense.  Congrats on your weight loss. 

I'm happy to share that I'm no longer in the 200s!!!  I was getting soooooo depressed over that because it just seemed to be creeping along no matter what I did.  When I went in for my revision, I was 226.  I am now 195.6.  I can see the light, I CAN SEE THE LIGHT!! LOL.  I haven't dropped down in my pant size but I can feel them getting looser and I can now fit back into my medium tops.  So, I am VERY happy and realize that it will take time. 

Again, thanks for sharing your post made my day

Most Active