Anyone know how long until you get an answer once submitted to insurance

L. 68
on 2/10/16 11:54 am

when did he send it?  It all depends on your individual insurance plan everyone's is different.  my doc sent mine out last week on the 3rd of February than i found out it was in the system and being reviewed on the 5th ( i called my own insurance) then i called tues the 9th yesterday and they said to give it a few more days gentleman told me it should be within 10 days so give them by friday no later then next tuesday.  I will be calling back Friday (lol) im so anxious im eating myself to death  aaaargggggg  there is no diet pill and or diet plan that can work for me now until i get the "APPROVAL" i need to hear.  than maybe i will cut back on what im eating until March 1.  

So you should call i have told so many people on this board when they have a question about their insurance they can CALL.  its your insurance just call go through all the prompts to verify you are the insured and ask the rep what is the status of your pre determination letter that easy.  that easy.  

good luck it will be approved soon..

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

sheriberi29
on 2/10/16 12:23 pm - Cleveland, TN

I called and they said that they have not received Anything yet but she sent it in last Tuesday . Grrr now I'm thinking the nurse lied to me to get me to sto calling her but I have news for them lol I'll get answers.... No matter who I need to harass ( not really harass) 

sheriberi29
on 2/10/16 1:31 pm - Cleveland, TN

Just got in touch with the bariatric nurse at the insurance company and she said although she received my Drs request on the 3 rd she technically has until February 23 to approve or deny it. Sad face sad face . I was hoping she would say yes ! You can have your surgery 

L. 68
on 2/11/16 8:04 am

Damnnnnn  but at least they have it     i  think it will be before that,  they say that to be on safe side my insurance said 10 days but on the side said it's usually faster.

I say by the beginning of next week like me.  im trying not to call today?  lol

Wow Sheriberri my insurance received it on the 3rd too.

Did you set up appt to talk to doc again re:  sleeve or rny? or do you want to wait until you find out what you are approved for.

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

GuyMontag
on 2/19/16 9:32 pm

I believe Medicaid responds in 14 days.

Most Active