Sleeve To RNY

bella.chella
on 2/5/16 12:53 pm

Hi, I'm currently in the pre-op stage for a revision from band to rny (surgery scheduled for this month).  My insurance (which is the same insurance I had for my lapband) required a 3 month medical supervised diet, psyc evaluation and multiple test.  So basically everything I did for my lapband request, but less time (6 month vs 3 months).  I hope this helps with your original question.

Good luck with your progress.  Right now I'm currently researching if revisioner's have a slower or lower weight loss compared to first time wls patients.

Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 3:02 pm

Can I ask what your BMI is now?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/5/16 7:32 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I have heard that those who undergo a revision lose at a slower rate than a virgin wls patient. I forgot the reason why, but I don't think it's incredibly slow. There are other  ex banders or ex whatever surgery they had & made it to goal. Use the search button (magnifying glass) in the upper rt hand corner & look at the older posts on the subject. You do have to commit to whatever lifestyle the surgery requires to make it work for you.

I feel the amount you lose is still up to you even though it might be a little harder & take a little longer to get there. Good Luck to You. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mns2lv4ever
on 2/19/16 8:57 pm - Long Island, NY

I am going for revision surgery from VSG to RNY next Thursday due to severe acid reflux.  The only thing my insurance required was the Bravo PH test ( that my Gastro had already done ) showing that I had severe acid reflux.  Went to see him on Jan 18 and my surgery was scheduled for Feb 25.  

BayouGirl
on 3/11/16 5:50 am

Have y'all thought about the stretta procedure? 

I have not had any surgery yet. But, want the sleeve but very worried about the GERD in my researching I found the stretta procedure.

But, have not heard of any with sleeve having it done.

Most Active