Revision in 3 months but first taking out lap band and Hernia's

Anita C.
on 2/1/16 8:53 am

Wentr to see my surgeon on Friday to take out Hernia's yes 3 to be ecaxt OUCH! and my Lap Band that I loathe tried to do an easier and less evasive operation for weight loss.

Then in 3 months doing Gastric ByPass scared and excited at the same time. Scared that the same thing will happen with Gastrivc that it did with Lap band and excited that is it all works out what I will look and feel like. I just pray all works out.

If you have had same or somewhat same experience would love to hear how you dealt and if it was a success?

Have a Great Day

L. 68
on 2/1/16 11:29 am

Hi Aquariun,

Why did doc decide to do surgeries separately, and not at same time.   I'm having a revision from band to sleeve and having it done in one surgery versus two depended on my Upper GI and Barium swallow and esophagus mobility x-ray results.   

And i happy to say everything was good and he will do in one if no other issues come up when he goes in (lol).  Is it the same reason for you and you seem to be ok with that.  i wasn't ok but i know at the end of the day i had no choice but thinking about having to remove the band and waiting 6 weeks (that's my doctors time) was disaster it would be no band no restriction oh hell no  i actually gained a couple of pounds but put myself on a diet so not to regain too much before March 1.

I'm sure you will do GREAT on your revision.  Can you tell us what made you decide to get one in the first place.  What do you mean same as gastric bypass.  we dont know what happened to the band.  But you do know whatever you put into the way of eating is all up to you.

Congratulations on your removal and your approved revision..   How does it feel with no band ?  Do you feel that you will gain ? Tell me a little about that...

Rblain

Most Active