Slow Loser now regain

Barneychelle
on 1/27/16 10:59 pm - DE

I lost very slowly to begin with.  I started at 250 and got down to 210.  I've never seen anyone lose only 40 lbs after VSG.  I felt like I had done something wrong and my surgeon did not have such wonderful bedside manor so I haven't been back to see her.  Now, I'm back right where I started at 250.  I think about a revision but I am honest with myself about being compliant.  Opinions on sleeve failure or did I really go that wrong?  I don't feel much resistance at all.  I want to go to the surgeon but sort of afraid.

Hislady
on 1/27/16 11:16 pm - Vancouver, WA

Did your surgeon give you directions on what to eat and how much, do you journal and measure all your food? That is crucial for staying on track you should be able to lose much more than you have unless the surgeon gave you a huge sleeve. First thing to do is weigh and measure everything you eat and keep track of it on something like myfitnesspal so you know exactly what you are eating. Aim for 600-800 calories a day and eat mainly protein and non starchy veggies. Be sure to get in all your water, at least 64 oz a day, more is better it helps flush the toxins thru your system.

If you are feeling hungry you may be having silent GERD and need a PPI, you can get those over the counter. This along with some exercise should get you restarted at losing. If you are still having trouble after doing this then yes I would see your surgeon or look for another one that is maybe easier to work with. It takes time and dedication to win this race so love yourself enough to give it your all!

White Dove
on 1/29/16 7:24 am - Warren, OH

VSG only gives you a smaller stomach.  Weight loss happens because you eat less calories than you burn.  It is very easy to eat too much with any weight loss surgery.  A revision is not going to change what you eat.  Only you can do that. 

I only get resistance if I eat too much dense protein.  I don't care for the over full feeling so weigh my protein and usually eat two or three ounces.  You need about 2500 calories a day to maintain at 250.  A trip to McDonalds can give you that many.

The difference between a 300 pound and a 400 pound person can be one more fast food meal a day.

There are plenty of people like you.  They lose 40, 50 or 60 pounds and then gain it back.  To lose more weight and keep it off you need to eat less.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gwen M.
on 1/29/16 3:40 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating each day?  Give us a few days of your food logs and we can help you troubleshoot. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

L. 68
on 1/30/16 5:48 am

Hi barneychelle,

I had to go back in your profile to see when you had surgery. Yo dude. U had surgery in 2011??? How long did it take u too lose the weight and how long did it take u to put it back on .? Or should I say how long did you maintain the 40 lbs lost?.  It's been six years and the only good thing I see here is that u didn't gain more than u started with.  You need to tell us some more info in order to help you .   Have you had an X-ray of your sleeve to make sure it is in good condition or is it to large.   We definitely need to see your eaten patterns .. If there is no problem with your sleeve no gerd no hernia no anything (you didn't state that there was any) than u need to decrease your eating and get this tool started again.   I would advise you to go to your doctors office first and figure out what is going on ..

Good luck

Rblain

Most Active