Declined by Dr. Vu Edmonton Bariatric Revision Clinic

L. 68
on 1/26/16 5:27 pm

WEll Gemini ,

With that said i would go to someone else... Is there anyone else in his practice that you can go to?

Good Luck I'm sure you will find someone else that can do it as long as all your xrays exams ect. are good .. Does he only do RNY if he does dont force him to doing something he is not experienced at ask him to refer you to someone else if not go find someone else..

Rblain

When one door closes another one opens up  !!  Keep your head up..

Geminidawn
on 1/26/16 5:57 pm

Hi there, it's kind of different here in Alberta. It's emulated by our health care system. There are other surgeons and I have an appointment with my Dr on Monday to get another referral to someone else. I won't give up until I get what I want and need. Thanks for your support :)

L. 68
on 1/26/16 6:05 pm

Geminidawn,

Please keep me posted i hope you resolve this quick and get everything you want and need.

rblain

cherries1016
on 1/29/16 4:03 pm
Revision on 02/15/16

If you can afford to self pay you should look into Dr Ariel Ortiz in Tijuana Mexico.  He is great and always explains everything very well.  He is VERY good at what he does and trains doctors all over the world.

beckymay26
on 2/24/16 7:21 pm, edited 2/24/16 11:19 am - Canada

Gemini , 

i am going through the revision clinic in Edmonton as well , I am not familiar with Dr.Vu is he a locum ? I am seeing Dr. Kanji and I am waiting for her to come back from maternity leave and I am not 100% sure but I think he was her lo****he has approved my and will be fixing my RNY and my fistula , where I have a hole into my bypassed stomach which has caused me too gain all my weight back and able to eat normal amounts of food , I would wait till Dr Kanji is back or see Dr Decara , I am thinking Dr.Vu just isn't experienced enough 

Geminidawn
on 2/24/16 7:34 pm

Hi. Than you for your reply. I got the feeling he wasn't very experienced either when the had my consult. I was supposed to see dr Kanji at first but it changed to Dr Vu. May I ask if you have developed sleep apnea or diabetes?  He said because I don't have either he won't do the surgery. I have been tested for sleep apne since and don't have it but do have UARS, upper airway resistance syndrome which leads to sleep apnea. Thanks again for your reply. Dawn

beckymay26
on 2/29/16 9:37 pm - Canada

Hi ! 

No I don't have either , I have gain Ed all my weight back and I am able too eat large portions like before the surgery . They did a scope and my bypassed stomach has reattached and I have an opening so basically I have 2 stomachs ? And Dr.Kanji did not want me too see or have the surgery with Dr.Vu because he was not experienced enough especially with my case and what needs too be done so I have been waiting , she is suppose to be back the first week in March and I am hoping too have my surgery date soon , but I would request too see her she is amazing ! And I found her too be very informative and open too ideas and procedures ! 

Geminidawn
on 5/9/16 1:31 pm

Hi there....I did finally get a follow up appointment with Dr. Kanji about 3 weeks ago, it was scheduled for July but today I got a call from the clinic telling me they have cancelled it and not given a reason as to why.  I am so frustrated.  Did you finally get your surgery?

Mysterygirl
on 5/4/16 3:17 pm

GeminiDawn:

if you have another option go to a different clinic.  I have had nothing problems, delays and been lied to 3 separate times from this clinic.  I received a "conditional approval" from them today but honestly they ha be lost all credibility with me.  I'll take my chances in Mexico or go it alone (I lost 70 lbs while waiting 1 and 1/2 years) getting nothing but the run around from them.

Geminidawn
on 5/9/16 1:28 pm

Wow!  I can't believe I am hearing stories like mine now.  I just got a call today.  Dr. Kanji has cancelled my follow up with her and didn't give any reason for the cancellation.  I am so angry!  I don't even know what to do anymore.

Most Active