Re-Sleeve

Grandma Blue Eyes
on 1/27/16 9:01 pm - Brick, NJ

Did the doctor indicate that the re sleeve was very dangerous? I saw a doctor in NJ who said it was very dangerous and suggested the switch which I didn't want to do. What is the recovery like for the re sleeve? 

Grandma Blue Eyes
on 1/27/16 9:19 pm - Brick, NJ

I really want my sleeve fixed. Do you have to go through all the pretesting again?

janinemarie
on 1/28/16 7:12 am

Yes it took over a year because I needed a ct scan, a scope, along with all the other pretesting.  My doctor spoke to me about the switch and ryn.  Ryn and sleeve have the same revision results.  He doesn't do the ds at his office but said I could go to the city if I wanted to talk with another doctor about it.  But because I really didn't need to lose that much and I love the sleeve we decided it would be a better choice to redo my sleeve and fix my hernia. He said yes there is more risk of a leak but that is with any revision surgery.  I had no problems, I went home the next day and back to work the next week.  The biggest problem I had was my insurance but they finally approved the revision because it was a medical necessity.  My doctor said my sleeve was a mess, twisted, and too big.  I can really tell the difference between the two surgeries and hopefully I can finish losing what I need to now.  I know it is difficult and overwhelming thinking about a revision, just focus on one step at a time.  Maybe talk with your doctor and have them start doing some test just to see what your sleeve looks like.   Good luck and let know what happens.

Grandma Blue Eyes
on 1/28/16 9:04 am - Brick, NJ

I won't go back to the same doctor. I'm in NJ so I could do NYo

Cherie K.
on 5/1/16 5:18 pm - Hong Kong

HI,

I am having re-sleeve this week.  How has your weight loss been going since your re-sleeve?  My surgeon said my weight loss would be slower than with original surgery... has that been true with you?  After my first sleeve, I lost 38kg in 7 months... I hope I will have similar results once they fix my sleeve this time.  I would be grateful for any information or advice that you could give me. Thanks!

Laura in Texas
on 1/27/16 11:27 am

I know Dr. Alvarez in Mexico will resleeve. HERE is his website.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Grandma Blue Eyes
on 1/28/16 6:09 am - Brick, NJ

I hesitate going to Mexico. I'd rather be near home when having surgery.

NYMom222
on 1/28/16 9:13 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Never heard of resleeving so this is an interesting post. Good Luck with whatever you end up doing.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active