Sleeve Revision

Valsdetermined2lose
on 1/13/16 4:20 am

Hi everyone, Im back on the boards looking for motivation and after having my third and final baby a year ago the weight has been so so hard to lose. I had the sleeve in 2011 and lost over 100 pounds maintaining my 160 weight goal for 3 years until pregnancy with complications and bed rest that made me gain weight. I'm looking into having a revision and i have an upcoming consult next month. My question is has anyone had a sleeve revision with success before? 

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Lucyvanpelt
on 1/14/16 6:01 am

Hi -- I'm here seeking the same information. I was very active on these boards between 2009 and 2012, had my VSG in 2010 but the weight has crept back on. I death with some major life stressors and physical problems that made active exercise very difficult. Am seeking a consult with a surgeon here in Boston who is known for revisions. Are move revisions to bypass? I'm not sure my insurance covers DS, I sure hope so!

Grandma Blue Eyes
on 1/17/16 11:26 pm - Brick, NJ

Did anyone ever answer you on this. I'm wondering about a re-sleeve?

amytang81
on 12/29/16 7:01 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with

I am interested in anyones experience on this topic as well. 

cmp067
on 1/9/17 5:13 am, edited 1/8/17 9:27 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

Hi everyone. I am home and awake in a bit of pain after recovering from my sleeve revision surgery on Friday. Basically, I noticed my eating habits had changed in that the volume of what I could eat was increasing substantially over the years. My original sleeve surgery was in 2012. I lost 60 lbs, but regained about 20 over the past 2 years. 

Step one was a barium swallow to see what was going on with my sleeve. Surgeon's office confirmed, my sleeve was "enlarged." I asked my doctor why, and got two answers - one was that your sleeve was not cut from a pattern, so shape can be irregular. Second answer was it was jut how my body reacted the surgery. 

I honestly believe that I had gotten into the habit of drinking with my meals, and I believe that was the cause of the stretch. My surgeon's office is very much in the camp of not placing blame, so they would not confirm or deny. But my surgeon did say that if you always have to take that last bite of food, that could be a contributing factor as well.

Long story short. I did not think that my insurance would cover the revision, but surgeon's office said they would try. I was shocked when I received my approval authorization in the mail, and the office called to schedule my procedure. So, my procedure was on Friday. Basically, my sleeve had morphed into an hour glass shape, and the doctor trimmed the top and bottom portion to make a nice tight sleeve again. 

I would say I feel exactly the same as the first surgery. Recovery has been similar thus far, and I am glad I went through with the procedure. I will keep you all posted on my progress. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions, I'm glad to help if I can as I was looking for resources about re-sleeves and could not find much.

Valsdetermined2lose
on 1/26/17 10:32 am

Congrats ! Wishing you a speedy recovery 

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

LngRedRose
on 9/27/19 12:39 pm, edited 9/27/19 5:40 am

Where did you find someone to do the surgery?

Most Active