Vitamins Protein ECT...

L. 68
on 1/7/16 6:08 pm

Hello ,  

Can anyone please send a list of all the vitamins and protein you are taking with revision from band to sleeve.  I want to start purchasing

some items.

Thanks

Hislady
on 1/7/16 6:51 pm - Vancouver, WA

Most VSGers only take 1 or 2 multi vitamins a day plus sometimes B vitamins and calcium citrate with D but there aren't all that  many to take because you don't malabsorb with the sleeve. Your surgeon may want you to use certain protein shakes immediately post op but for the most part it is up to you as to what kind you like and everyone seems to have different likes. If you are unsure what flavor you will like I suggest you order some sample packets from somewhere like netrition each company has samples you can buy and this way you can get lots from just one place.

Once you are a few weeks post op you just eat regular food no protein shake so I wouldn't stock up too much.

L. 68
on 1/7/16 7:55 pm

Hi Hislady,

Thank you for this info  i guess its basically like the band ??  i have my first revision visit Monday cant wait..

Thanks again

I think i will get the unjury that my cousin loved when she had rny 10 years ago ,  another question i had asked somewhere is do people start taking vitamins and protein shakes before the revision from band to sleeve and do doctors request that you lose weight again before revision..  just curious as to what others had to go through  

thanks again 

Hislady
on 1/8/16 6:30 pm - Vancouver, WA

Well it won't hurt to take the vitamins and shakes before hand but I also don't know that starting early will give a person any type of advantage to start them ahead of time so it's really up to you if you want to start ahead of time. As far as weight loss before surgery that depends on the surgeon and any insurance requirements so you would have to ask your own surgeon if he requires it and contact your insurance to see if that is one of their requirements. It is very individual as to what is required. I selfpaid for my band removal so I didn't have any requirements before or after removal.

Most Active