How much weight loss @ almost 4 weeks post op

Tammy P
on 12/30/15 12:08 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hello, 

So on December 7th I had my gastric bypass revision. The last time I got on the scale (12/17)  I lost 17lbs. I haven't got on the scale again because I'm scared I'll be depressed if the numbers aren't declining. I notice that my top is getting smaller and I can see some difference in my bottom but I keep trying on clothes and freaking out because I'm seeing no difference in the fit. 

I know I sound silly but I just need to hear from you all to walk my silly self out of the panic. I don't want to get back on the scale until maybe next week...don't ask me why - lol  

So, what's been your experience with the loss in the beginning? 

Natalie D.
on 12/30/15 6:20 pm

Hi Tammy,

I haven't had my revision yet, but I know what you mean, when I diet and do everything right you expect numbers to go down faster and clothes to start fitting better, but you will get there, be patient. From what I read in other forums, sometimes weight loss after revision is slower than for someone who has the surgery for first time. Maybe try measuring your body for a bit instead of weighing yourself?

enjoy the journey, you are not in a race and not in a quick fix diet mode, it will come off!

(I may need to repeat this for myself when I will be post op)

Nat

Tammy P
on 1/1/16 9:27 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Hi Nat,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I agree, I'm in the race so slow and steady is what will win the race. 

Congrats and best of luck on your revision 

ldsphd
on 1/2/16 7:27 pm
Revision on 12/23/15

Hi Tammy and Nat,

I had revision surgery on 12/23/2015...Merry Xmas to me!!  I am nervous too about what my weight loss experience will be but I agree with Nat...it is not about how fast we lose, but that we do.  I look forward to sharing the experience and supporting each other in our endeavor to achieve a healthy weight.

Linda

julout
on 1/12/16 7:41 pm
Revision on 10/23/15

I had my original RNY July 2007. I had it revised with a hernia repair 10/23/15. I was told that you don't lose as fast the second time around. I've lost 32 pounds since the revision.

littlerocknettie
on 1/15/16 5:56 am
Revision on 12/23/15

I had a revision from the old VBG (stomach stapling and stationary ring) to RNY on 12/23/15...and I have only lost about 17 pounds...I have lost nothing for the past week and I have done exactly as I have been told.  I too am getting very frustrated because when I had the VBG back in 1999 the weight flew off at about 10 pounds per week.  I know my surgeon told me I would not lose weight as fast, but this is ridiculous!  I'm just going to keep on and hopefully this plateau will end very soon.

Most Active