Port infection symptoms . Please please help

nattieb
on 12/27/15 8:48 pm

Mine was removed. It was extremely bad with stones had me crippled over in psin. Ithe would be worth checking into 

Good luck 

sfayad
on 12/25/15 6:22 pm - Canada

HI Sherri: I too have a lapband and this piece of garbage has given me nothing but complications. 

I sometimes can eat small meals and at times I can't swallow water. It's not in anyway supportive of weight loss for me. 

When consulting a surgeon who does bariatric surgery he said very very few band work long term. So I'm booked to have it removed Jan 25/16 and can't wait. 

He will do a revision and remove the lap band and then do the RNY surgery. 

I have spoken to several doctors got second and third medical opinion and all said have the revision done. I know you have had several complications and your issue is NOW. 

But that being said they don't work and when they do it very few that succeed 

see your bariatric surgeon and get it removed , you have to consider the long term effects of this also. I have decided that long term with the band is not beneficial for me. Bariatric surgeons can do this quickly if there is risk to the patients. 

Good luck in your journey 

simon

sheriberi29
on 12/25/15 7:22 pm - Cleveland, TN

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry your band like most of us here has proven to NOT be what was promised. Congratulations on your very close removal and revision. I hope everything goes smoothly and your recovery is a breeze.

sfayad
on 12/25/15 9:24 pm - Canada

Sherri: 

thanks for the sweet words and coment. 

Hope all goes well for you and keep us updated into your journey , it's people like you that make this forum a huge success. 

Regards 

simon

Most Active