2nd Revision help

uscma15
on 12/15/15 4:43 am - LA

Thanks for the reply :). Yes, u r correct and I think a lot of my issue is the lack of mobility. I have been maintaining what I lost originally from the rny, but just seem to be stuck. I joined a gym and hoping to see if some low impact exercise will help. I have a scope scheduled to see if there is any issue with my poich/stoma or anything else that could be prespventing more weightloss.  I will keep posted. ?

ladygodiva1228
on 12/15/15 6:18 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I highly recommend finding a gym that has a pool (if yours doesn't).  People with bad knees, backs, and hips feel so much relief from pool activities.  The water takes the stress off the joint and the resistance of the water gives a good work out.

If there is nothing wrong with your stoma/pouch take a look  on the rny board and the what are you eating today posts.  Also, http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ has some amazing recipes for WLS patients.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Lessofmein2016
on 1/12/16 6:57 am
Revision on 02/15/16

I have just read your post about your Hip surgery.   I too suffer from a hip problem,  Will Prob. have the first one done in April.  But I had Lap band  done in 2007, and Gastric sleeve in 2011.   I'm now sched for GASTRIC BYPASS ON Feb 15, 2016.  I lost 60lbs with the band, and kept it off,  but  with the Sleeve, no more than 20lbs. ugh!!  So I have now gone through 3 months of visits, and will have the Gastric bypass in Feb.   I would not worry about your hips.. these are made of material that cannot get arthritis , as my doctor said to me,  but of course less weight is good all around..   I wish you well....

Lessofme2016

Most Active