Lap-band for Nine Years to Gastric Bypass

shelly2143
on 1/19/16 7:54 am
with

Hello all!

Well finally everything is complete and insurance has approved.. Surgery this Monday 1/25/16 remove band and perform RNY...  wow.. 

I'm excited and nervous.. am I making the right decision?  Well heck I'm 53 years old and I've never been able to do it myself of course this is right.. Kinda like pre wedding jitters!  LOL

Let you know more when I know!

TrelawneyDawn
on 1/4/16 7:13 am - Houston, DE

Hello Everyone!

Well, I had my lap-band removed on December 22.  It was like a weight lifted off of my psyche.  The surgery was very quick and I was discharged from the hospital just an hour after the surgery.

The one thing I noticed was that the surgeon acted like it was an act of treason that I was there to get my lap-band removed.  Has anyone else had this kind of feeling from their surgeon when getting their lap-band removed or getting a revision.  My surgeon is already a bit hard-nosed, but she was exceptionally cold the day of my surgery.  Maybe I was projecting my own feelings of "failure" onto her.  Yes, the lap-band didn't work and the port was twisted, but I still feel like I failed where the band is concerned.

I will not be getting the gastric by-pass surgery until about May or June.  I am now in the process of attending the numerous doctor appointments and nutrition classes.

Thanks again for your support!!

Dawn

?When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.?
 -  Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

chassibi
on 1/6/16 12:29 pm

I know what you mean. I don't think the band is a good device, I think we're seeing that now. But all of the "failures" contribute to a surgeon's numbers, so I'm sure they aren't pleased when they have to remove.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

TrelawneyDawn
on 1/7/16 5:26 am - Houston, DE

Yeah, you make a very good point.  I had my psych eval yesterday.  I passed - - which means I'm not crazy, I guess!  LOL!  I'm still apprehensive about the surgery (I was told yesterday that it will probably happen about the middle of June).

Everyday I wake up and think "Maybe you shouldn't do this."  "Maybe you can do this on your own."  I just need to get out of my own head.  I'm so very glad I have the people here to talk with about this.   

Dawn

?When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.?
 -  Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Most Active