Gastric Bypass Revision Question

lisalcj13
on 12/8/15 5:40 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Thank you Mrslzzy for the great info!!

Baby1234
on 12/11/15 7:47 am

What a journey!!!Good for you...you took control and now you are svelte as can be!! 

Just P
on 1/17/16 8:37 pm - DC

Great info. Congrats on your revision and your results. Did your insurance cover your revision?  Any out of pocket?  How long were you in hospital.  I had RNY in 2003 and maintained for 6 years and then I started to regain, then I had babies in 2012 and 2013 causing me to gain more.  I have had little success with losing weight and would like revision to DS 

Mz.P Living and Loving Life!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MrsIzzy
on 1/17/16 9:16 pm - Toms River, NJ
Revision on 07/01/15

My insurance covered my revision in full, nothing out of pocket.  I was in the hospital for 3 days. The DS has been great, 100lbs down in 6 months!

northeastjeans
on 4/7/16 8:40 am

Hello- I had my gastric bypass surgery 1/16/03... I was 256 lbs and within 1-1/2 years I was 125 lbs. I followed the diet and used that tool to a t- until I got pregnant and had horrendous morning afternoon and night sickness- I lost another 10 lbs and doctors said I had to either gain weight or they would put me in the diet and gave me a diet of CARBS!Kept that weight off tis 2007  I started to feel much better, morning sickness subsided but I started gaining weight- when my son was born I was 179 lbs.  NEVER LOST A POUND! Today 9 years later I am 195 and wearing a size 14... I have NEVER been more depressed which has put me into a full blown cycle of grazing and purging again.  I had no idea there was such a thing of revision  surgery.  I saw my regular GP and he prescribed BELVIQ and I have a 6 month supply but haven't taken it- hate the feeling of speed.  So I called the surgeon who did my original surgery and I have an appointment on Tuesday with the dietician then Friday with him- I am so elated.  I can't wait... I already started food journal (no wonder I am gaining weight) and very nervous to see the doc- I am so worried he is going to blow me off... when I called the office to make the appointment the secretary said "revisions are the in thing now" so I felt better but still...

Can anyone give me some pointers on what to say/not say to the surgeon- I NEED this surgery- both mentally and physically- I don't want to have a heart attack- I am now taking cholesterol medication, my legs always hurt, I feel lethargic... u know the drill... I just want to be healthy again. 

Most Active