Revsion Approved for Apollo Procesure

atl252006
on 11/17/15 10:29 pm - Chicago, IL

Hello all, my revision surgery from RNY Gastric Bypass to have my dilated stoma have been approved on the first try for the Apollo Overstitch.  Is there anyone that has had this procedure done that has  had positive results, i've read some negative things upon doing research.  Thanks all!!

LEE
on 11/22/15 10:14 am

I hope it works for you.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
capodo
on 12/1/15 5:17 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi and congratulations!

I had the revision (with Apollo Overstitch) on 11/11. So far I've lost 23 lbs. As of now, I get full on a LOT less food than I did prior to the procedure. I'm not really craving any sweets or carbs right now either - which is amazing (I was horrible with both before). I am, however, tired of eating the mashed food and the limited diet already. I'm also looking forward to getting my supplements in again. I haven't been able to take them so far - and have to wait until my follow up with my surgeon this Friday.

All the best!

"Sam.  Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."  --Optimus Prime, Transfomers2

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted.  He rescues those who are crushed in spirit."  --Psalm 34:18a

atl252006
on 12/9/15 5:08 pm - Chicago, IL

Hello capodo, I had my overstitch yesterday, i'm just a little sore, but my throat feels  a little bad, but i'm up and moving around.  how long was it before you worked out after the procedure? and congrats on that 23 lb lost. sorry i'm just seeing your message, make sure we keep in touch!!!

capodo
on 12/9/15 5:30 pm - Chicago, IL
Congratulations on having the procedure done!
I was allowed to work out 3 days after having my procedure, but I didn't feel like working out then. Felt very run down and was SUPER hungry (dietitian said because my Vitamin D, Iron, and Iron storage levels are extremely low - she allowed me to eat soft foods as of Day 8 and this has REALLY helped).

I started walking again (only 1.5 miles) on Day 6. On top of my procedure, I'm recovering from 2 stress fractures to my right foot. So exercise has been slow going. I was able to get on and ride my recumbent stationary bike the start of Week 2.

My throat and upper chest were sore for days. But eventually the discomfort went away. I wish you the best!

"Sam.  Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."  --Optimus Prime, Transfomers2

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted.  He rescues those who are crushed in spirit."  --Psalm 34:18a

atl252006
on 12/10/15 2:38 pm - Chicago, IL

ok, yeah i plan on going back to work tommorow, i'm a little tired, but i def have more energy than i did before the procedure.  I will try hitting up the gym tommorow for a mild work out

capodo
on 12/14/15 5:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Hello friend!

How goes the battle? Did you make it to the gym yet? If not, it's understandable. Gotta give your body time to adjust. How's your food intake going?

I'm now on Stage 3: semi-soft foods. Pretty much the same thing as Stage 2, but I don't have to ma**** Just cook it really soft. Oh, and I can have cheese again. I'm measuring it and being careful (cheese is my weakness after all), but I am enjoying it!

Gavin B.
on 4/9/17 6:58 am - Orlando, FL

Can you tell me how are you doing?

atl252006
on 4/14/17 8:39 am - Chicago, IL

i'm ok, but that surgery didn't do much for me to be honest

Gavin B.
on 4/14/17 8:52 am - Orlando, FL

In terms of weightloss?

Most Active